Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom system AI settings

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 9:36:56 PM
-Custom system AI(s)

I'd like to create & customize system AI's (allowing auto-production, following a scheme). This way, I can create a scheme where I can apply it to newly colonized systems, or I can create another to get the most benefits from the planets. I could create stuff like

IF the planet type IS X

AND planet HAS Q anomaly

AND technology Y IS researched

BUILD Z exploitation

aswell. It would/will be painful while setting stuff up, but after setting these up, it'll reduce an immense amount of micro for me, at least.

edit: added the post below

I've come up with another idea. A big excel-style list, where you see all types of improvements, exploitation choices and such on one column, and each row representing an auto-AI type, with some blank custom ones. When you click on the intersections, you assign a number which is the priority (LMB moves it up in the queue - decreasing the number, RMB does the opposite, increasing the number for ease of use). When relevant tech becomes available, it will be built next. It may also have a colonization preference. No IF's and stuff like that.

For example (ignore the _'s)

--------- ... Custom1 Custom2

Building A ...____3______1

Building B ...____1______2

Building C ...____2______3

Colonization __Food___Science

So, if I have all the techs, when I set AI to Custom1, it'll first build Building B, then C then A. If it is set to Custom2, it'll start from A, and end with C. Stuff you don't choose won't be built. When population slots are full but there are other planets in the system that are yet to be colonized, it'll give priority to those having the highest possible output for the selected resource. Custom1 will prefer Terran/Jungle over Gas Giants in other words.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 10:08:45 PM
I have brought up a very similar idea before so I cannot say anything other than that I love the idea. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 4:59:14 AM
I've come up with another idea. A big excel-style list, where you see all types of improvements, exploitation choices and such on one column, and each row representing an auto-AI type, with some blank custom ones. When you click on the intersections, you assign a number which is the priority (LMB moves it up in the queue - decreasing the number, RMB does the opposite, increasing the number for ease of use). When relevant tech becomes available, it will be built next. It may also have a colonization preference. No IF's and stuff like that.

For example (ignore the _'s)

--------- ... Custom1 Custom2

Building A ...____3______1

Building B ...____1______2

Building C ...____2______3

Colonization __Food___Science

So, if I have all the techs, when I set AI to Custom1, it'll first build Building B, then C then A. If it is set to Custom2, it'll start from A, and end with C. Stuff you don't choose won't be built. When population slots are full but there are other planets in the system that are yet to be colonized, it'll give priority to those having the highest possible output for the selected resource. Custom1 will prefer Terran/Jungle over Gas Giants in other words.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 11:10:02 AM
This thread is the origin of discussions about customizing the system AI or including build lists.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13380-suggestion-extra-auto-build-option-enhance

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13389-suggestion-system-fids-production-priority-for-ai

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13488-suggestion-ai-default-population-assignment

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13489-suggestion-planetary-ai-build-order

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13545-suggestion-custom-system-ai-s

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13604-suggestion-custom-ai-governor-logic-list

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13598-suggestion-ai-system-control-and-system-improvements

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13632-suggestion-making-your-own-pre-set-templates-to-build-system-imrovements.

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13859-construction-list

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13905-add-a-4th-system-menu-for-bundles

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13909-ai-and-system-dev

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment