Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Better icon feedback for systems on galaxy map

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 11:52:04 AM
Situation: Although the map looks clean but functional, I'm missing some icons for the map and using the same color for own colonies and colonies of other empires is a bit confusing. Sure there is the colored ring around the system but with light green and dark green or green and yellow it could be more clear cut.

Suggestion: Own colonies could be green dots and other colonized planets remain blue. Also I would like to have icons for systems which have ship(s) in my hangar and systems that are under invasion. States like starvation should also be communicated to the player. Ofc this could happen with messages as well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 12:25:12 PM
I totally agree with you, a visual of the empires'extension on the dezoomed map could be also a good thing.

But we should remember that it is still an Alpha and that we are still voting for the races'icons.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:02:21 PM
+1 for this - the game needs to have more information displayed
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 11:10:43 AM
This thread is the origin of discussions about getting more information about systems on the galaxy map.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13164-display-strategic-rating-for-uncolonized-systems

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13199-suggestion-visual-indicator-on-star-system-improvement-benefit

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13229-suggestion-planetary-overview-improvements

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13309-suggestion-happiness

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13402-suggestion-mouse-over-display-of-available-luxury-resources-for-any-system

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13438-suggestion-more-feedback-on-galaxy-view

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13425-suggestion-see-the-corrent-project-of-a-star-system-in-the-galaxy-view

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13818-highlight-colonizable-high-level-planets-on-galaxy-map

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment