Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Diversified ship destruction animations

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 11:21:22 PM
I somewhat enjoy the combat sequences .They could be improved upon, but for the most part, I love watching rounds fling everywhere and ships get torn apart. Except for that last bit: When a ship goes down, it just ceases to exist in a shock-wave. Which really ruins the immersion of the moment.

If at all possible, I would love to see debris. A ship shouldn't just blink out, it should have pieces torn off and be covered in flames and damage. When they go down, they should be split apart.

Could have some interesting effects, maybe like half a ship still flying while the second drifts around in space.

Just my thoughts, something I've always wanted to see done in a game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 12:16:42 AM
Totally agree

Although explosions are totally awesome things I would love to see some debris flying off. Hell it could even be a battle card, rig a ship to blow so the resulting debris and destruction takes the enemy down with them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 12:17:53 AM
That would be awesome. I too noticed that they just vanished in a shock wave...let down. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 11:09:58 AM
This thread is the origin of discussions about more diverse ship destruction animations/leftovers.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13318-suggestion-improved-ship-explosions

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13682-ship-battle-skeletons

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13670-suggestion-poll-spacecraft-debris

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:39:01 PM
there are a number of things I'd like to see done to diversify ship combat- for one vary the animation of different technology echelons of weapons(and while we're at it maybe shield meshes as well)- nothing huge, just changing the color would be cool(and not every new echelon of tech needs a unique color, maybe just have all weapons of a given type be one of 3 or 4 colors).

Ideally I'd like subtle differences in the weapon animations of different race's models as well, same general idea, but maybe one race's lazers are a bit longer, another race's kinetic bolts are smaller or larger but more diffused ect...

This of course probably isn't important enough to be a top priority at this stage of beta, but it would be ncie to have eventually(and frankly these minor variations to existing animations shouldn't be all that hard to do).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment