Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Prioritise targets during ship battle's

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:34:51 PM
After playing the alpha for six or so hours against the relentless AI I've learnt that ship casualties during battle are a given, however I often find myself cursing the digital god that my fleet of dreadnoughts find it necessary to unleash the wrath of a thousand suns onto ships so insignificant to them whilst ignoring the larger threats (up until they're destroyed by an enemy missile barrage).

Can I suggest that some form of target prioritisation is introduced so that we the player can get our fleets to focus fire on ship designs we deem more threatening, I say ship design as we all know that just because its bigger doesn't mean its better.

This could once and for all stop our mammoth ships deciding to go toe to toe with transports whilst getting their hulls finely sliced by the rest of the fleet.

BTW a great game so far and many thanks.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:46:51 PM
Hi Jetkar,

Sorry can't see this request on the list (though not saying its not there), the closest I can see is 'Choice of Target' but that refers to being able to decide which fleet you engage before the battle rather than which ship you shoot at during.

Can you link me the prior suggestion so I can +1 it?

Cheers
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:38:50 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about target priority in ship battles.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13209-suggestion-pre-battle-information-in-battle-individual-targeting

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13622-suggestion-add-primary-target-ship-sizes-to-weapons

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13908-allow-us-to-focus-fire-single-ships-in-combat

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13961-suggestion-targeting-in-combat-system-or-ability-to-deploy-fleet-in-stages

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment