Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Not Completely Random Events and Event Chains

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:11:35 PM
Random events are a great way to make a universe feel "alive." However all of the current events are completely random and largely arbitrary. The whole -50% speed on all of your ships never really made much sense to me and felt more like the game was trying to throw obstacles in my way rather than an event that really happened with actual reasons in the galaxy. While completely random events are a good thing, they don't make a well rounded event pool especially when they don't feel natural and have little basis in logic. However, there could be another way!

Events occurring based on your actions may well be that way. For example, when you take over a hostile system you have to deal with your new subjects and there is some sort of an event chain detailing their reactions and giving you options to deal with them. Another chain could be the events occurring to the colonists on a newly colonized world with hostile fauna and so forth. This way the events serve to mix things up but also add to the illusion of running an empire inhabited with actual beings in a galaxy full of life.

Race specific events would also be a great step forward. I can imagine that the cravers have a much different way of handling things than the amoebas and the events should reflect that. If this system is well developed it could help to really flesh out the races and make it feel like you are leading a group of distinct beings instead of a stat sheet with a set of ship skins. I feel this level of immersion would greatly help the game in becoming a classic worthy to stand among the company of MOO and the 4x giants!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:41:08 PM
Love it. It'd be great to colonise a world with hostile fauna, only to suddenly lose contact with them and have to send a ship to investigate (maybe send in some marines and some fiesty chick called Ripley).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment