Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Better graphics for kinetics deflection

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 8:41:17 PM
I enjoy the space combat during endless space and nearly allways play just to watch. I think the weapons and defences are done very well except for kinetics being deflected.

when beams hit a shield you see a flare of light as the shield absorbs the projectile this looks great.

when missiles are intercepted by flak they detonate in little explosions this looks great.

when you fire kinetics it looks like you got 3 year olds shooting most of them just shoot below the ship and the odd few go straight into the enemy ship.

Early game when you don't have a lot of shots per salvo this doesn't look too bad.

However late game dreadnoughts which have the last few kinetics that have say 3000 strength it justs looks like your guns are purposely aiming to miss the enemy shooting well below the enemy ship.

I was thinking it would look better if your kinetics flew straight (which they would in space) and then the kinetics would impact with the deflectors at the same distance as the shields in late game this would make the ships look amazing as hundreds of kinetics fly forward and seem to split around the ship rather then just shoot low.

this may only be a issue with long and medium range on the kinetics I know they are suppose to be less accurate but i've never got to melee range with dreadnoughts. so i have no idea whether this is what actually happens at long range.

i was just wondering if anyone else has the same thoughts and maybe other possible ways to make it look better?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 9:11:27 PM
Moved to the proposals and title renamed.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment