Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Desperation attacks EX. ramming into an enemy.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 1:35:33 AM
So remember in video games and movies where the good guys need to sacrifice their ship to win EX. ram into the enemy. Well what if you could do that in game. So say you're hopelessly out gunned and there is no hope for escape well why not just give a big F U to the enemies and just ram into them. Well you say this could get OP pretty quick; just make a lot of unimportant ships and just ram them 24/7. Wrong the enemy would have a chance to not only evade your ship(s) but also destroy it or them before it got there. Another thing you try ramming into a ship in the long range phase the person you're trying to ram is just gonna laugh their alien butts off at your pathetic attempt to destroy them. No, the further you are from the enemy the less of a chance of successfully ramming them. So for maximum efficiency you'd have to try and ram them at the melee range. Lastly its not guaranteed you'll destroy the ship. If you smash in to a dreadnought with a corvette its just gonna shrug it off but if you ran into a cruiser with a destroyer it will do some damage. I don't know the math behind damage values and what would be balanced or not i'll leave that to the devs to decide, but I think this could be a cool feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 4:25:29 AM
This is needlessly complicated and mostly impractical given that they want to finish the game relatively soon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 6:45:30 AM
I'd be too complicated to implement a system for "desperation attacks" and they are highly unlikely. Besides the fact that it would be beyond OP for larger empires who could simply bypass the regulations by sheer spam, but ramming a multi-year effort starship as a lost resort seems terribly inefficient and a pointless loss of life in practical terms.

Also, the idea of a dreadnought being able to shrug off a smaller ship hit is quite silly. If a destroyer smashes into a battleship on the high seas, both are crippled, regardless of size :v

Therefore, i'm saying no to this.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment