Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Distance indicator

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 8:53:27 AM
Maybe it has already been suggested, sorry if I miss the post.

So, concerning the UI of the galaxy map, I think some kind of distance indicator should be very useful to evaluate space travel.

> Maybe just a tooltip pop when a fleet is selected and the cursor pass on a star?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:26:59 AM
Oh yes ! That would be really good ! I walways wonder if my fleet has arrived or it's just 1 space away from arriving.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:53:32 AM
+1 I've often wanted to know how long it will take, or if I can reach the destination in one or two turns from now. It would make coordination easier.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 11:13:08 PM
Coming here from the Summary of Suggestions thread, as one of the things I've thought of quite often whilst playing, I see a few ways to handle this.

Firstly, when choosing a destination, you need to know how long it will take. I propose a combination of dynamically showing the space lane length dots, with larger dots for end of turn placement, as well as some extra info. That could be a mouse-over tool tip to showing the number of turns it would take, or something more subtle like having the turn numbers shown on the larger end of turn dots. Perhaps even a little animation that has a ghost fleet ship marker split from the fleet, and then split again over each end of turn dot. Lots of possibilities.

When you have a fleet in transit, it just needs a simple turns left to destination indicator within the fleet information when you mouse over, I feel. It's not as instant as having it always shown, but it'll save on clutter. When you do mouse over, though it should also show the movement dots, in the same way that it currently does when you click on and select the unit, combined with whatever feedback improvements are made to picking a destination.

What do you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:44:04 AM
I just need to know how long it will take to get there BEFORE I start traveling there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 7:55:48 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about distance indications for ship movement.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13645-suggestion-fleet-movement-turn-count.

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13955-a-simple-and-easy-to-do-suggestion

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 9:47:47 PM
Definitely needed. Hovering over a fleet traveling should tell you how many turns to it's intended destination.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment