Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Trading Ships (in Diplomacy)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 5:16:26 PM
I think it would be a good idea to add the ability to sell or buy ships through the use of diplomacy, e.g. a non-war focused faction could buy from a war focuses one (e.g. Hissho), thus getting the faction bonuses on those ships, along with any tech they use (on the ships).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 5:23:28 PM
I like the idea of trading ships.

but not getting the advantages.

first, it will probably a pain in ... to dev

second, If you buy an hissho ship, you'll get the ship. but it will have a crew of your faction... so with your factionnal traits.

I think some conditions must be there to buy ship/fleet.

like :

- Be at peace (or alliance maybe ?)

- Ship/fleet to trade must be orbiting a neutral system or orbiting a system owned by the buyer.

- No ennemies in the same system.

- When buy, the fleet lose all it's movement point (representing the crew change and the time to understand how the ship work)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 6:03:23 PM
I don't really like the idea...

If you trade ships, or buy another race's ship...How will you use it? They likely won't have the same kind of UI that your race have. Languages would be different, so to use any consoles you'd need to learn an alien language, or have a translator programs (that could screw you over should it fail in an emergency). In my opinion, it would be like the US buying a Russian submarine to, then throwing a crew in it and saying get to work. It won't work that well, I bet...

And for factions like the Amoeba and Sowers, how would their ships be used? I thought the Amoeba merged with their ships, and I've assumed the Sower "ships" are really just giant Sowers, or giant factories that fly around. Plus, by giving a faction your ship, you're giving them some of your most advanced tech. They could analyze every inch of that ship, find your every weakness, and make you suffer for being so trusting.

Maybe instead you could hire mercenaries from each faction, but I think the mercenary idea has already been suggested.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment