Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

regarding space Battle "opening scene"

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:45:20 AM
Right now it alternates between my fleet or the op for fleet loitering and getting "jumped upon" as far as animation goes.

I suggest more scenes are added and played (with some alterrations i can't think off right off the bat perhaps?).

For example:

Base rules: if the system is player owned, the player fleet is the one trolling around. the reverse counts in enemy system. neutral systems randomize.

If the system has moons, asteroid belts or other non planetary objects, the trolling fleet comes out (swinging even) behind an asteroid belt or moon while the "jumping in fleet" that was introduced into the scene via a jump in animation is shown turning towards the trolling fleet.

If its only planets, the trolling fleet is shown leaving an orbital position, turning towards the incoming fleet. the incoming fleet warped in and proceed in the current fashion.

The current animation remains as a all time random chance occurence to mix it up, but perhaps we could get some new movement dynamcis at random.

smiley: smile

I enjoy this kind of combat system you guys came up with quite a lot. i just need more variation for my tastes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 6:14:52 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about more/environment dependent combat scenes.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13396-suggestion-multiple-battle-cinematics

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13441-suggestion-determining-how-battle-looks

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13440-suggestions-other-perspective-on-proto-stars-in-battle

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13792-more-battle-cinematics

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment