Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Capital Ship bonuses related to force multiplier role

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 10:35:35 PM
Battleships (BB) and Dreadnoughts (DN) should be capital ships in a fleet command/support role. The following bonuses are proposed to these hulls.

Individual bonuses

• -25% tonnage of defensive modules
  • -25% tonnage of support modules

Fleet Bonuses

The bonuses are applied only once per fleet from the largest hull present (e.g. DN and BB in fleet, only DN bonuses apply, 2 x DN in fleet, bonuses only apply once).

• 100% (BB) / 200% (DN) support module bonus to fleet
  • +2 CP (BB) / +4 CP (DN) bonus to fleet (loss of cap ship creates split in fleet after action)
  • (If possible) 2 Cards (BB) / 3 Cards (DN) simultaneous effects during all phases of a fight (in the case of a BB, long and mid range cards' effects last the whole fight, for a DN, all three cards' effects last the whole fight)

Changes to AI behavior

• AI behavior will need to be adjusted to only produce one capital ship per fleet, and take into account variable CP limits stemming from their use.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 6:36:29 AM
Actually I really like this idea, but what about cruisers which are the same size as battleships, would they have any effect?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 9:04:46 PM
Sunnyko wrote:
Actually I really like this idea, but what about cruisers which are the same size as battleships, would they have any effect?

I was purposely addressing battleships and dreads, what did you have in mind?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment