Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Population silhoutte icons in dependence to races

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 7:58:09 AM
Hi @ all

I noticed that it would be nice feature if the population icons of ur planet would reflect the actual shape of ur choosen race.

At the moment, every race have a human shaped population icon.

It would be much mor interesting and a give a good immersion, if this icons would change in realtion to ur choosen race. For example if u would play with the amoeba, the human like icons would be

replaced by the silhouette of an amoeba, and vice a versa for horatio (twin like or double faced silhouette), sowers (robotic silhouette) and so on ...

what do u think and would u like this feature to give a better immersion?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 10:15:26 AM
That would be a really nice touch.

Little faces maybe or in the chosen colour of the player.

This way the player that invaded a planet could have a visual represantation of the enemy population beeing converted to his colours/faces.

That could also help for a -lets hope- future genocide addition to the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 11:57:38 PM
well, as far as i can resume: the replies to the idea, to have individual race population icons, get an wide agreement.

here are some additional ideas for the population icons for:

Sophons - could been represented by a bigger head (due to theire higher iq and brains) and with there insect-looking eyes.

Hissho - some kind of tribal symbols like feathers/wings (since they are an avia inspired race) or traditional weapons like swords due to theire asian war affin style

I think, this would have been an really easy thing to implement in this already advanced state of game design. In addition it would grant a deeper identification and recognition of the different races.

@vahouth: I really like the idea of the additional feature to show which population comes from occupation to be converted later on into ur empire. I guess this could be a nice way to visualize the transformation prozess of conquerd worlds.

But, what drive me a little bit curiuos is: how can we let the developers know about this idea? Is there any other special forum-part or requirement to be recognized by the devs?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment