Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom affinity generation?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:52:52 AM
Hi there, one thing that I would like to be implemented, is a gameplay mode where you can customize your own affinities. Customize the starting planet, the bonuses from the affinity, what racial techs they get, stuff like that. Even some out-of-game tool for generating custom affinities, whatever. I feel there are options for emergent strategy and ways of focusing precisely to a particular gameplay style which could happen if it was more possible to customize an affinity, at least a little bit. Point buying facets of an affinity from 'affinity points' would be great!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 4:09:51 AM
How would this be much different from customising faction traits? The affinity is basically a "unique" faction trait, one that you can't take with other unique faction traits. The only big difference this would bring is the ability to customise starting planet basically.

It just sounds like you would prefer more total traits to pick from. Sure more affinities would be nice, but thats an obvious point =).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 4:28:04 AM
No I mean, 'take tiny little bits of three different affinities and combine them'. Like, parse the affinities into much smaller bits (a piece of custom tech here, a starting planet type there), and be able to make hundreds or thousands of possible affinities from the combinations.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 10:47:58 AM
I am not sure about this idea, however more affinity/lore only races might be a cool addition.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 11:29:57 AM
Breaking up the affinity a bit more would certainly appeal to the micromanagers among us... lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment