Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

O'Neill Colonies

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 7:28:18 PM
O'Neill Colonies, an artificial moon. I suggest it can be added only to planet with no moon. No logical reason, juste a way to "even out" the advantages of a moon. O'Neill Colonies should not replicate the features of a moon but be completely different. The point is they are not large enough to be a new planet.

Alternative names (and look): Bernal sphere, Bishop Ring, McKendree cylinder, Stanford torus
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 7:40:41 PM
So sorta like a big space station?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 10:33:57 AM
Yeah, Igncom1s Discussion is already met within the expansion pack. But your Idea davidlatapie to add Space-Stations like moons is new I think, and I like it. Perhaps we relocate the discussion to Igncom1s thread?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 5:15:52 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Similar to my idea: /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12800-orbital-entrenchment-upgrades.

But feel free to expand upon your idea. smiley: wink
I answered on the topic. Basically, I said I like your idea and that your system makes O'Neill all the way up to Dyson a single, multi-level upgrade.

Codename_Veers wrote:
Yeah, Igncom1s Discussion is already met within the expansion pack. But your Idea davidlatapie to add Space-Stations like moons is new I think, and I like it. Perhaps we relocate the discussion to Igncom1s thread?
Yeah, I will add it there. What do you mean by met with the expansion pack? I did not see any related tech in Rise of the Automatons.

By the way, I live 11,3 km from Amplitude (they are on the other side of Paris). I plan to go and meet them one day. But this is another story, which deserves another post.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment