Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dyson Sphere

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 6:37:35 PM
What about a wonder to provide near-infinite amounts of energy taken directly from the star (of course, variable to the sun type, but essentially infinite).

I know the game does not work with the concept of "energy" per se, but this could translate to a dramatic increse of industrial output on the system itself and with proper technology, transmits that energy to system near. but all this would come with a malus to the food output, because the Dyson sphere effectively blocks significant part of the sunlight. i didn´t thought about the details i think it would work nicely.

Something like this:

There could be many types of Dyson Spheres like:

Dyson Shell: A solid globe that takes 100 of the energy of the sun and blocks all the sunlight, that system would effectively dies, but it would have a huge increasing in industrial output (this system would be completely dependent on supplies from outside)

Dyson Bubble: Thousands of huge satellites absorbing 75 percent of the sun energy and the same proportion of sunlight. by logic the life quality of the system would drop significantly.

Wlell, i didn´t tought them, they are better described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

a
nd here (if you want a mroe complete explanation):

http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4845fbe091a18

What you guys think?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 9, 2012, 7:13:16 PM
Madrox wrote:
I guees someone should close this thread. D:

I'd do it but I can't because I'm just a minion and not a mod smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 9, 2012, 8:07:30 PM
n18991c wrote:
I'd do it but I can't because I'm just a minion and not a mod smiley: wink

xD

well, you can say something about the suggestion on the original thread then. it is dead! D:
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment