Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

FI(DS) Stocking and power suplying

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:02:57 PM
So, i was having this nice little idea: What about a system where you could literally stock the excess production of food and industry? i don´t know how this would work, but maybe for the sake of realism? and this could be implemented alongside a actuall energy production, where you need to build power-plants to produce energy that feeds everything else and you would be able to redirect energy to the most important areas like one of the FIDS.

Something like this:

I have a system with 4 planets, one Jungle, one Lava, one Desert and one Arctic. Each filling one role of the FIDS, but, at some point, i have a great excess of food, and i have full pop capacity, so, i could stock Food for some time and at some point, redirect the energy (or part of it) dedicated to food production at one planet, and give it to the IDS part of this same planet, giving it bonuses or maybe even redirecting it with some specific tech to another planet, maybe another system (a bit of exaggeration here, but you got the point).

Maybe in this system you would be able to redirect 50% percent of the energy dedicated to one of more of the FIDS and giving it to another place.

What you guys think?

obs: i searched into the forums and found nothing on this particular idea, if this exists already, can you please point it to me? thanks.

edit: 200° post! \o/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:08:07 PM
Isn't the Automaton affinity based on this for industry?

But it would be nice to have a construction that sends 20% of your systems food to the rest of the empire.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:11:23 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
... it would be nice to have a construction that sends 20% of your systems food to the rest of the empire.

Now that's a good idea. And why not? It would only make sense that, in an empire or any other union, systems would also support each other, particularly when they have a surplus/overproduction
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:11:32 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Isn't the Automaton affinity based on this for industry?

But it would be nice to have a construction that sends 20% of your systems food to the rest of the empire.

Yea, that gave me this idea, but it would be nice to give this ability to everyone else, power supply management.

I think not a construction, but something on the very UI that permits you to do that, with the appropriate technology...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:16:03 PM
It would be nice to see the 1 turn of stacking that everyone gets, and possibly have improvements that allows a system to store more.

But I will admit, only my science and dust systems ever stop building, I find that my choices for production are always maintained.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:21:33 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
It would be nice to see the 1 turn of stacking that everyone gets, and possibly have improvements that allows a system to store more.

But I will admit, only my science and dust systems ever stop building, I find that my choices for production are always maintained.

Can you elaborate?

My skills at English are not that good yet. D:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 7:40:06 PM
Well in normal ES, every faction can store their systems industry for 1 turn, an indicator for this would be nice as would the ability to increase said limit, possibly even allowing the automatons to have a unique upgrade in order to keep their advantage.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment