Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Show Strategic Resource Icons on Module Icons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 11:55:50 AM
It's taking me a long time to really get a handle on what strategic resources do. Even now, if you asked me, I could only tell you that the Titanium-70 gives you early access to missiles and then early access to more powerful missiles. The only way for me to know what the others do is look it up on the wiki or mouse over every single module on the entire tech tree to find them.

I suggest adding a small purple box (or even a smaller version of the strategic icon?) to the module images to make it much more clear, at a glance, which modules unlock with strategic resources. At least then I can browse over the 10-12 modules with purple dots and see which ones use which strategic resource.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 5, 2012, 12:01:15 PM
Although you learn by playing which resource etc does (or unlocks) what, I'm always in favour of making things more easily understandable, so why not. Another colour or description here and there would

probably be quite helpful
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 11:44:17 AM
I agree here! I would also like to see in the descriptions what it unlocks (which may be what you meant) as far as structures, and ships are concerned. I do like how when it is first 'linked' to your empire it pops up with what is CURRENTLY available. So maybe a similar look as a mouse over pop-up?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 4:08:04 PM
maur4395 wrote:
maybe a similar look as a mouse over pop-up?

Yes, having additional information presented to you whenever the mouse is held over something ensures that it isn't annoyingly in your face all the time like notifications etc, so that would probably be the best to add info...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 2:50:40 PM
I second that. It actually came to my mind just yesterday, when I wanted to check out what my Hyperium abundance is really good for after having passed the first laser technology. After a while I realized that short of mousing over all the (war) techs the only way to do it is outside of the game. Info like that should really be available in-game, though.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment