Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dyson sphere and Matroshka brains

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 4, 2012, 7:43:26 PM
Well the problem is that a Dyson Sphere is a very big project and kinda unfeasible.

However a type of Dyson swarm for large power generation could be something cool to add towards the end of the tree (Although you could have a proto one towards the beginning of the tree).

A Matroshka brain? humm, Could be a nice alternative for getting a wounder victory down another tree.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 8, 2012, 8:59:49 PM
I think its a excellent idea, i even double posted it without knowing. well, there is a copy of my proposal, if you wanna take a look.

"What about a wonder to provide near-infinite amounts of energy taken directly from the star (of course, variable to the sun type, but essentially infinite).

I know the game does not work with the concept of "energy" per se, but this could translate to a dramatic increse of industrial output on the system itself and with proper technology, transmits that energy to system near. but all this would come with a malus to the food output, because the Dyson sphere effectively blocks significant part of the sunlight. i didn´t thought about the details i think it would work nicely.

Something like this:

There could be many types of Dyson Spheres like:

Dyson Shell: A solid globe that takes 100 of the energy of the sun and blocks all the sunlight, that system would effectively dies, but it would have a huge increasing in industrial output (this system would be completely dependent on supplies from outside)

Dyson Bubble: Thousands of huge satellites absorbing 75 percent of the sun energy and the same proportion of sunlight. by logic the life quality of the system would drop significantly.

Wlell, i didn´t tought them, they are better described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

a
nd here (if you want a mroe complete explanation):

http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4845fbe091a18"

What you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 6:03:08 PM
Excellent idea, however need to add some kind of factory capable megastructure (hey is there a patent for this? :-)) and massive hydrophonics farms (all based on the Dyson Sphere), will significantly increase FIDS for the system...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 6:34:52 PM
plexaikm wrote:
Excellent idea, however need to add some kind of factory capable megastructure (hey is there a patent for this? :-)) and massive hydrophonics farms (all based on the Dyson Sphere), will significantly increase FIDS for the system...

Yes, maybe Dyson Ringworls...something llike that...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 5:46:12 PM
Whatever.xD

anyway, i could do a mod to test the concept, but i don´t know how yet. D>=:
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 7:57:40 PM
Madrox wrote:
Whatever.xD

anyway, i could do a mod to test the concept, but i don´t know how yet. D>=:

You could just temporarily change the stats of an existing improvement in order to test it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2012, 4:41:33 PM
Have you read the descriptions for the last techs on the Applied Sciences tree? Seems to me pretty close to Dyson Spheres / Matriochka Brains...

Actually, it would seem to me that it would be quite fitting if their construction replaced the current "Invulnerable Empire" Wonder Victory. Seems cooler to me than building some sensing devices, and more fitting for a "terraforming" tree.

Would be even cooler if the aspect of the system changed, even at the galaxy level. Planets could turn to "rings" or "shells" with huge bonuses to FIDS.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2012, 4:47:49 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
Have you read the descriptions for the last techs on the Applied Sciences tree? Seems to me pretty close to Dyson Spheres / Matriochka Brains...

Actually, it would seem to me that it would be quite fitting if their construction replaced the current "Invulnerable Empire" Wonder Victory. Seems cooler to me than building some sensing devices, and more fitting for a "terraforming" tree.

Would be even cooler if the aspect of the system changed, even at the galaxy level. Planets could turn to "rings" or "shells" with huge bonuses to FIDS.

If that's what your looking for, try this suggestion of mine if you haven't seen it already /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12800-orbital-entrenchment-upgrades.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment