Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Reuqest : Battles do not start till player chooses an option.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 10:51:59 PM
There are two problems I have with enter combat dialog. One it is timed and two it occurs even if you have another screen up and its not brought to the forefront so you won't know it. As in, I can be working planets or ship design and come back out only to find out I lost/won a fight. Get real. Combat should not start until I say so, at least in a single player game and most importantly the combat start dialog must always be on TOP.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 5:58:02 PM
I will reply to this thread as well.

Fix it asap. It should have already been this way. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 7:09:53 PM
Turn based game with realtime battles, how crazy is that?

Seriously I cannot even read the cards before battle ends on it's own.

I relay like the game, but please do something about these battles, so the player can actually do something about it (strategy, tactics, skills, etc.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 7:11:50 PM
If you go to the fleet in the strategic screen and select battle actions on the fleet menu, you can read about the cards this fleet can use before a battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 9:37:13 PM
I agree, I believe combat should stay exactly as it is, however the 'combat is starting' window should force itself on top of all other windows and not allow you to continue whatever you are doing unless you choose 'manual' or 'auto' to close the window
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 10:07:22 PM
raydarken wrote:
I agree, I believe combat should stay exactly as it is, however the 'combat is starting' window should force itself on top of all other windows and not allow you to continue whatever you are doing unless you choose 'manual' or 'auto' to close the window

Yep^ so annoying when i am doing 'stuff'

However the ability to tick on and off a timed auto-resolve fore single-player or possibly LAN games might be a good idea.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 10:39:28 AM
A more all-encompassing solution might be to retain simultaneous turns for all actions as it is now but only have fleets move once all players have clicked End Turn. Then we enter into an End Turn Phase whereby a list of combats is worked through by the Human players.

- If the Human players are only allowed to fight one battle where many are presented in the interests of preserving turn speed during multiplayer then so be it. (SotS does this. Multiple battles? Choose one to control yourself and auto the rest.)

- Where a Human chooses to auto a battle against another Human player’s fleet the AI absolutely must take over and play battle actions, not do nothing at all as happens now. (This must be a bug.)

- If a Human player is not involved in any battles this turn then they will just have to sit it out – a battle is over very quickly regardless. We’re all 4X players here; we’re not twitchy 14yo ADHD sufferers; we can actually tolerate waiting for a couple of minutes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 10:41:59 AM
defekt wrote:
A more all-encompassing solution might be to retain simultaneous turns for all actions as it is now but only have fleets move once all players have clicked End Turn. Then we enter into an End Turn Phase whereby a list of combats is worked through by the Human players.

- If the Human players are only allowed to fight one battle where many are presented in the interests of preserving turn speed during multiplayer then so be it. (SotS does this. Multiple battles? Choose one to control yourself and auto the rest.)

- Where a Human chooses to auto a battle against another Human player’s fleet the AI absolutely must take over and play battle actions, not do nothing at all as happens now. (This must be a bug.)

- If a Human player is not involved in any battles this turn then they will just have to sit it out – a battle is over very quickly regardless. We’re all 4X players here; we’re not twitchy 14yo ADHD sufferers; we can actually tolerate waiting for a couple of minutes.

I wold also find this acceptable, possibly allow players to spectate battles that is within their sensor range?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment