Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Feature Request: Happiness Effect Indicator for planets

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 8:21:46 AM
When in the system overview screen you see that every planet has 4 icons above it, signifying the productivity of that planet.

Awesome.

Now I'd like to see a fifth icon signifying how colonizing it would affect happiness. Right now I have to hover above the planet type and anomalies text and add the effects together. Not that I'm not capable of adding two numbers, but the tool-tip delay slows it down a bit and hey, I don't ask for much. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 9:12:32 AM
Basically you have to think like this:

If the sum of the planet's happiness modifier (-10 for example) and the anomalies/resources (+20 for example) is above 0, your population will be more happy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 10:06:33 AM
maybe I wasn't completely clear: I am perfectly capable of adding two numbers.

But since we already have 4 icons showing the planetary income per capita, you might just as well put the fifth one up.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 11:16:56 AM
I see, Aroddo - pretty good idea smiley: smile

But I don't know how to deal with with the malus of beeing far away/the improvement for it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 1:02:16 PM
How jadonyx work? I can't see any difference on my ship attack figures. For instance i have a ship with missile attack 162 and when i get jadonyx monopoly, the missile attack still shows 162. Where can i see difference in figures? The same question is about Meta-Entactogen. I used hours trying to find answers but no hell!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 2:39:27 PM
Sirius_4 wrote:
How jadonyx work? I can't see any difference on my ship attack figures. For instance i have a ship with missile attack 162 and when i get jadonyx monopoly, the missile attack still shows 162. Where can i see difference in figures? The same question is about Meta-Entactogen. I used hours trying to find answers but no hell!

You already asked this question in another thread, dont spam.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 3:40:09 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I see, Aroddo - pretty good idea smiley: smile

But I don't know how to deal with with the malus of beeing far away/the improvement for it.

if you can calculate happiness after you colonize a planet then you can calculate happiness before you colonize a planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 3:55:45 PM
Aroddo wrote:
if you can calculate happiness after you colonize a planet then you can calculate happiness before you colonize a planet.

the game already knows the current happiness, so it would only need to calculate the hypothetical happiness after colonization.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 4:11:52 PM
Moved out of tech support forum (which is for bug reports) into the game proposals forum (which is for feature requests).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 5:43:23 PM
The enhanced version of the coloured-anomalies-Mod kinda does what is asked here.

It colours planet type by Tier in the colours dark green for tier one, light green for tier 2, white for tier 3, orange for tier 4 and red for tier 5 so you can have a basic feeling how it affects approval and it shows positive anomalies in green, two-sided ones in orange and negative ones in red.

Not as accurate as what you want but it helps a lot to pick the right planets without having to hover over everything.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment