Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sower affinity rebalance

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 3, 2012, 11:08:19 AM
The Sowers are currently artificially balanced with the addition of the 'Optimistic' trait, sitting at 74/65 allowed points - the only race to break the limit. Here's my suggestion, revolving around the fact that Sowers are machines and therefore don't necessarily have the same preferences as living species:

Sower affinity

-50%smiley: food from system

40% of smiley: industry value is also added to smiley: food

-10 approval on outpost

+20 approval on colony

-5 approval on Terran, Jungle, Ocean

... and then the 'Optimistic' trait is yet again removed, bringing the Sowers back in line.

The idea is that what makes Sowers unhappy is not harsh weather conditions but rather the local system being young and poorly established. I've then also added a small penalty for the class I planet types. I consider this optional, but the logic is that once again, Sowers don't particularly benefit from these life-supporting worlds.

Overall, this should be a powerful boost that makes the affinity an attractive one while also tying in with the lore well.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 5, 2012, 8:02:26 PM
every race is breaking the limit from what I can see.

was kinda confused about that when doing a custom race.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 7:54:46 PM
Aroddo wrote:

It gets really annoying when you try to make a custom race. However affinities are zero so its a pick your poison system where you just choose the optimal benefits and whichever affinity you like most.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 8:29:15 AM
Aroddo wrote:

Huh? They were all sitting at 65 last I checked.

Regardless, it doesn't matter - the point is I'm presenting an idea for what I think is a better affinity for Sowers. What do you think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 8:41:59 AM
Yes, it would be better for Sowers, but I think it might make them OP.... Their starting colony would get +20 approval from the start. The switch from -10 to +20 approval would balance with the expansion disapproval that comes with them becoming colonies.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment