I don't know if this is posted elsewhere, so please forgive.

Basically, I don't like the way the alliance victory happens. Normally, in games like this, once everyone is allied, the game ends. Usually this entails killing one or two sides that won't play nice (like the Cravers), and, thus, the moment that last planet is taken, the game should end. I'll present two games I've recently played that show why this should be the case.

Game 1: Amoeba

I got everyone allied but one side (which forced me into a war since when I allied with one side, they were already at war), and killed that side. Then I had to sit and hit the end turn button for something like 40 times until I won.

Game 2: Hissho

I killed one side early (5 side game), allied with two others, and then killed the last one. However, one of my allies had a HIGHER DIPLO victory score than me, and by the time I realized it, it was too late (I built 3 of the wonder things in a desperate dash to win that way). This should NEVER HAPPEN. How can I, an ALLY of that side, lose by a diplomatic victory?

The irony is that in the first game, I didn't have the highest score, but won. In this game, the side that 'won' had the lowest score. Listen, AI sides should NOT be able to win diplo victories. It's very simple. Ally everyone = game over. Anyways, thanks for the great game!