Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Only dead heroes are good heroes!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 9:17:39 AM
I support that idea. And to expand it a bit you can give the a skill to have a % chance to escape death or add an escape module on ships so he can live to fight another day. lol

But now that i think about it heroes are assigned on fleets not on ships smiley: confused
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 2:48:35 PM
Yeah! Let's kill some heroes! smiley: twisted But, of course, if one of your heroes die, then they will have spawn faster.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 9, 2012, 1:28:53 PM
Indeed, I didn't think about the Horatio. Probably because I haven't played as Horation yet. But thats a good point, we would have to change some details of that cloning trait, too. Got to play a round as Horation, then I will try to find a solution.

I don't think the players would assign all or even most heroes to planets, the bonuses for battles with fleets are really strong. Its not too clever to fight without heroes when your enemy is using them. smiley: wink

Yes, dead heroes would be a hard penalty. You would have to use them more consciously and this would change your relationship to your heroes. They would be something special. Powerful but breakable. Your enemies will sacrifice entire fleets to get rid of them. You will have to retreat often to save their lives. But if you use them wisely they will surrive and become mighty admirals, and their names will cause dread and despair in the hearts of your enemies. 3smiley: smile

In the moment a hero isn't more than a kind of bonus card with a nice picture on it. You can swich the card between your fleets and thats it. We've got to do something to bring some life to this part of the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 6:49:57 PM
I honestly dislike this idea. As stated horatio already have nice streangth in tech bonus and heroes. Cloning them for cheap while other heroes die, would make them too strong. If this change would come, it would need some tweaking for Horatio. But as a mod, I wouldn't mind. Though this would lead to having all heroes basically beeing assigned to planets and not for fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 2:03:36 PM
The trait from the horatio would make this changes useless. It is very powerful now und it will be overpowerd with heroes dying. Now it is "A Hero wounded? Dismiss and Clone another 20!" then it will be "A Hero dead? Just Clone another!".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 1:42:16 PM
Although it sounds bad to lose your 20 lvl admiral hero yes i ll have to agree with Pietrak. You lost him? To bad bear it and do without him. Noone is immortal. If that sounds harsh then they can include escape options from battle for heroes. (who cares about the crews anyway :twistsmiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 10:37:20 AM
Pietrak wrote:
Dead heroes would be too much of an penalty.

I would just remove the option to instantly revive fallen heroes by paying Dust. You lost a hero? Bear with it, survive 20 turns without that lvl20 commander/pilot that made your fleet a monster.

yes that actually sounds more reasonable. If you actually had heroes die, then you would also have to have more of them spawn faster so that you can replace your losses and that sounds more complicated and like more of an effort than might be worthwhile...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 8:58:51 AM
Dead heroes would be too much of an penalty.

I would just remove the option to instantly revive fallen heroes by paying Dust. You lost a hero? Bear with it, survive 20 turns without that lvl20 commander/pilot that made your fleet a monster.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 8:45:52 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Nice Idea - but shouldn't we increase the "spawning" rate of Heros then? smiley: smile

Just the Overlords, please.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 4:30:54 PM
Hi there!

I played a while and wondered 'bout the heroes. They give great bonuses to your fleets and planets and they reach lvl 20 easily. Once you have all the heroes your academy allows you to have, this part of the game has come to an end. Why recruit a new one when you have a team of unbeatable and immortal superheroes since midgame? It feels like this feature is unfinished.

Here is my solution: Let them die! 3smiley: smile

The fleet of your hero is blown up by an opponents armada? The planet under his administration is going to be invaded? Give him a chance to surrive: 40%! You don't want to loose him? Just think twice before you sent him on a mission. Heroes are strong, probably too strong. They should be a scarce good that everyone uses carefully, and a lvl 20 hero should be an exception, something special!

To reduce the risk of a loss there could be a skill that increases the chance to flee after a lost battle (10%/skillpoint?), so you have to decide if you use your limited skillpoints for it.

All in all my idea shall bring an end to the era of immortal lvl 20 heroes and add new tactic possibilities to SP and MP. As a side effect heroes would become more valuable, especially when they reach higher levels.

What do you think? smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 6:36:11 PM
n18991c wrote:
Yeah I'm never sure when an update might come along and undo or mess with a mod etc, although I admit not having tried too many mods yet just 1, but my point is: more stuff like the more anomalies mod should simply be incorporated into Ye game full stop

Well said, agree! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 6:12:39 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Yep, updating mods can be annoying smiley: biggrin

Yeah I'm never sure when an update might come along and undo or mess with a mod etc, although I admit not having tried too many mods yet just 1, but my point is: more stuff like the more anomalies mod should simply be incorporated into the game full stop
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 5:44:48 PM
Maaadin wrote:
Yeah, I would install it immediately! But I look forward to see it integrated by Amplitude...so it will work with all upcoming upgrades and addons. *hope* smiley: biggrin

Yep, updating mods can be annoying smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 5:04:10 PM
Yeah, I would install it immediately! But I look forward to see it integrated by Amplitude...so it will work with all upcoming upgrades and addons. *hope* smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 4:51:58 PM
Maaadin wrote:
Probably...but we have to be careful. Heroes should not become quickly replaceable cannon fodder. smiley: wink

We could link it to the level of difficulty, that should make sense. And we could add it as an optional feature, so everybody who wants could play on with his immortals.

Could work too smiley: smile

If it's an optional feature, it would be nice stuff for an mod smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 26, 2012, 4:48:27 PM
Probably...but we have to be careful. Heroes should not become quickly replaceable cannon fodder. smiley: wink

We could link it to the level of difficulty, that should make sense. And we could add it as an optional feature, so everybody who wants could play on with his immortals.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment