Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Late game starts

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 8:38:58 AM
We can currently choose what speed to play the game at in options before it begins but it would be nice if we also had the option to also choose what stage of the game to play. I imagine multiplayer has the problem that games always finish long before the endgame is reached, meaning all players ever see is the early game: early ships, early improvements, small economies etc. Give us the option to start the game somewhere in the midgame as well as the endgame! It would be interesting to be able to load up a quick game of extremely advanced tech and solid economy right off the bat every once in a while without having to plow through the same old opening stages first every time.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 10, 2012, 3:13:17 PM
The idea is nice, but I think that there will be many players complainig about the "pre-made" stuff, if it doesn't fit their personal requirements.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 10, 2012, 4:48:05 PM
I suppose you could start with a number of free tokens, allowing players to select the technology's they start with, and what ships they want to begin with.

SOTS1 just randoms the starting tech along with their random tree, and you start with no ships (You were at peace until game start) And it was always lots of fun considering the amount of strategy's you could pull even with basic tech.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:37:28 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
I suppose you could start with a number of free tokens, allowing players to select the technology's they start with, and what ships they want to begin with.

SOTS1 just randoms the starting tech along with their random tree, and you start with no ships (You were at peace until game start) And it was always lots of fun considering the amount of strategy's you could pull even with basic tech.

These tokens might be a nice "workaround" for the problems with premade techs, etc - good idea Igncom1 smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 13, 2012, 7:56:52 PM
Yep, I like the "tokens" idea. Have to make sure it's not too complicated though! That could make game set-up take too long.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment