Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

New technology, to block system to entry except by lanes

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 12:22:39 PM
I would like a system tech which requires that entry only be possible by using warp lane. No free movement into the system. It should be expensive to maintain but would allow for real choke points to be maintained late game
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 1:33:31 PM
Personally I'd prefer a defense system which drops the speed of incoming fleets for the last bit of the journey, so that you always have a minimum number of turns to react.

Master of Orion 2 had something along these lines - specifically: Warp Field Interdictor => Slows Ships within 2 Parsecs to 1 Parsec per turn.

It didn't completely disrupt the travel methods - but slowed incoming fleets down to a point that you'd have time to send reinforcements. That and jump gates above all your systems was a pretty awesome combo. (And Artemis System Nets - which damaged enemy fleets entering a system)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 6:19:41 PM
I would say either have something which enables you to block entry to systems other than space lanes TEMPORARILY or have a system improvement which slows incoming ships down INDEFINITELY.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 6:36:22 PM
n18991c wrote:
I would say either have something which enables you to block entry to systems other than space lanes TEMPORARILY or have a system improvement which slows incoming ships down INDEFINITELY.

I'd suppport a temporarily blockade - for like 10 turns? smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 6:40:37 PM
You could tie it into the new wonders being added.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 7:26:15 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
You could tie it into the new wonders being added.

Good idea. But what circumstances would enable this wonder?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 7:39:01 PM
It depends on how often you want the effect to be used in-game.

If you want it to be uncommon you would make it costly, and require strategic resources and stuff.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 7:58:01 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

If you want it to be uncommon you would make it costly, and require strategic resources and stuff.

As it is a special wonder, I'd like this idea smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 8:08:14 PM
Block travel via space lanes could be as wonder but generaly cant say i like it. Slowing down with defence building in the system seems more appealing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 8:24:42 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

I think it should be limited from the start, to prevent abuse... smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 8:26:13 PM
n18991c wrote:
I think it should be limited from the start, to prevent abuse... smiley: smile

Absolutely - other ways would make no sense smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 23, 2012, 10:26:53 AM
I am not that impressed. First of all the thing about space is that you cannot defend in any direction, since the enmy could come from EVERYWHERE!

Second: The System right now is slow anyway. If you have enough surveillance (Influence area) you can see anyway when an enemy is entering your sovereign territory! Additional, The seize of a System takes usually a long time (longer with defensive struktures!), so you allways have enough time to send in an own fleet.

Now to slow invasion down even further, would slow down the whole game without good reason, since there is already enough time to intercept.

I'd also would not like to see more "sci-fi/fantasy systems" but more hard sci-fi (so technology that could be possible with the understanding of physics we have). smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment