Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Change the "end turn" key to be the space bar

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:31:07 PM
The primary reason for this is because this game is amazing and consumes an Endless amount of time, if I triggered the end of my turns with the space bar, the name "Endless Space" would have extra meaning smiley: cool

Seriously though, I did find myself wishing space bar would end the turn, I hardly ever used the keyboard to end turn because the "enter" key is the opposite side from where my hand usually rests (since I occasionally use shift or ctrl for some selections in the game). Making both enter and space end the turn would be sufficient smiley: smile

I assume that we will eventually be able to have custom key bindings so this may not matter!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:39:49 PM
I found myself pressing the space bar to end the turn as well, obviously to no avail. It would be great if custom key bindings made this an option in the future.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:44:55 PM
That would indeed make ending turns easy.. er. But is it really so hard to just press the button in the lower left of the screen? smiley: wink

Dont get me wrong. I would like this implemented.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 8:14:33 PM
kraivyne wrote:
I found myself pressing the space bar to end the turn as well, obviously to no avail. It would be great if custom key bindings made this an option in the future.

^This.

CUTOM KEY BINDINGS
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 8:16:21 PM
Gordon wrote:
That would indeed make ending turns easy.. er. But is it really so hard to just press the button in the lower left of the screen? smiley: wink

Dont get me wrong. I would like this implemented.

if i talk to people on steam, the message notification pops up right over the end turn button lol,

im quite happy with the enter key, but yeah custom key bindings are always nice smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 1:17:58 AM
pressing the enter key on the numpad ends turns but I agree, a custom key bindings would help out. I like to use spacebar to finish moving my ships around.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 1:25:38 AM
I'd also like tab to cycle through idle fleets and F1-F5 for the menus at the top.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 2:17:12 AM
Ail wrote:
I'd also like tab to cycle through idle fleets and F1-F5 for the menus at the top.

Indeed.

For as clean as the UI is the lack of hotkeys is a bit of a head scratcher to me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 11:31:15 AM
Custom key bindings has been in a G2G vote. (click)

It was not chosen as winner, but the fact that it was in the vote means it will be implemented at some moment. - Which I can only applaud.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 24, 2012, 4:04:34 PM
adder wrote:
Custom key bindings has been in a G2G vote. (click)

It was not chosen as winner, but the fact that it was in the vote means it will be implemented at some moment. - Which I can only applaud.

Another thing yet to be implemented... the list is long, but at least we can hope to have it in the game on day
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 25, 2012, 1:57:38 AM
n18991c wrote:
Another thing yet to be implemented... the list is long, but at least we can hope to have it in the game on day

I don't really understand how those votes are grouped. Adding keyboard shortcuts seems a much smaller task than adding new content, especially if there are potential balancing concerns.

I like the idea of G2G, but meh, sometimes low hanging fruit should just be picked.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 4:06:09 PM
I'd vastly prefer custom key binds over the alternative. This gives all players the control they desire, instead of forcing the use of a specific key down our throats. (I for one don't like space as an end turn button - just personal preference)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 27, 2012, 4:16:06 PM
EvilTactician wrote:
I'd vastly prefer custom key binds over the alternative. This gives all players the control they desire, instead of forcing the use of a specific key down our throats. (I for one don't like space as an end turn button - just personal preference)

Yeah, I agree - custom keybinds would be fine!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment