Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Patching or Modding Beam weapon visual effect

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 5:30:56 AM
Beam weapon in the game looks like stretched out projectiles that moved slowly.

They just look silly in their current state.

Is there any way of them to be modded (or better, patched) to look like beams in EVE Online - Coherent beams that strikes instantly ?

I am aware that laser is invisible in space IRL and this issue was probably brought up previously.

But the beam weapons have a lot of potential to look a lot better than they are right now smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 3:32:28 PM
I (as well as many others) have mentioned this before. We need more visual effects to distinguish weapons. I've made a more diverse selection of weapons in my mod, but without the ability to change the graphics it will never feel as epic as it should.

Having proper differences between pulse, beam, gatling, etc. lasers, various kinetics and missiles/torpedoes/mirv etc. would make battles look 100x more epic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 8:26:43 PM
I'm in favour of this as well. An added bonus would be to slightly change the colour of each "level" of an attack so that you can tell during combat what the enemy is using against you, and have that be the only way to tell what modules an enemy has on their ships.

"Okay, combat's starting... oh crap, are those level 4 kinetics? I think they are, how'd he get them so fast? Damn, I should put better shielding on my ships."
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 9:27:28 AM
Oneiros42 wrote:
"Okay, combat's starting... oh crap, are those level 4 kinetics? I think they are, how'd he get them so fast? Damn, I should put better shielding on my ships."

That sums up my first 6 months of multiplayer MOO
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 30, 2012, 9:56:59 AM
More weapon abilitys (effects) would be nice. That changing the tech tree a bit meaning that each tech gives specific weapon that does specific damage or effect. Personally i believe its really needed. Some people said in another post about the bland tech tree of GalCiv. I thing its pretty bland here too. In MOO even some lower tech weapons was viable in long run due to their special abilitys. Would love to see something like that in ES too
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment