Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Diplomacy: 'Or/Else/If' Clauses

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 4:02:03 PM
Hi there,

Just as a thought, I've noticed that it's not currently possible to threaten/coerce another faction in Diplomatic contacts, which strikes me as a rather considerable missed opportunity!

For example, if you're in an Alliance with another race but they're not holding up their end of the bargain beyond giving the passive bonuses for Trade Routes (e.g. if you're in a war and they're failing to support you), it would be nice to be able to threaten the end of the Alliance unless they act. Or perhaps threatening another race with war if they don't stop having their ships hang around your borders, or perhaps something along the lines of "taking planet x would be an act of war..."

Might make the diplomatic aspect of the game a little more interesting. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Aslyn
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 5:11:09 PM
I absolutely agree, anything to enrich diplomacy in ES.

I created a similar thread HERE in which I put forth the suggestion that the Devs ought to make diplomatic offers re-negotiatable since a yes/no system is quite annoying when you feel that (1) the offer made to you is either too much of an insult and simply saying "no" isn't quite hard enough or (2) the offer isn't quite what you would find acceptable and therefore, unable to tweak it, you must decline it. In fact, this makes me almost always say no, which is a shame.

Also, although I'm aware of the fact that the Devs have plenty of stuff left to do, the yes/no limitation is something which annoys me in my games... smiley: frown I wish they'd do something about it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 5:14:37 PM
The idea isn't bad & I like it, but I'm afraid that it will make the Game too complicated to get a deal with the AI.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment