Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Discovered planets data window

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 6:10:21 AM
Another person agreeing that this would be incredibly useful here. Just use a setup similar to the empire view and it'd work alright.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 12:40:39 PM
Yes, a very good idea i'd like to support.

How about enhancing it by 'sending fleet' or 'sending nearest availible colonizer to this planet' button?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 4:06:59 AM
I really would like this feature. In other 4X games it has helped me manage my initial colonization strategy.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 2:18:51 AM
Please, I do not peek at your Christmas Wish-list, so please don't peek at mine!!lol

That would be such a wonderful window to have.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 9, 2012, 4:28:34 PM
If there is any need to support this issue take my vote for a very needful screen, Discovered planets data window!! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 7:31:29 PM
I would also like this - and not just listings of uncolonised planets but also enemy planets so I could see at a glance which planet was giving my enemy a key resource or which ones were most worth attacking.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 3:35:18 AM
blah didnt notice this and made a new thread but hey please this feature would be great to have
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:45:22 AM
The game player would benefit from an information window giving the player, at a glance, a display of what planets he has found, their ownership, type, size and special traits. It should be sortable by planet type, size, specials - and perhaps also by distance from capital planet (if that is possible).

The benefit would be saving time having to look all over your discovered systems for that one planet that you wanted to colonize next.

As a reference of what can be done, the 4X game Distant Worlds has such a menu and widow that are very useful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 8:03:55 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions for a summary window of discovered planets.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13450-suggestion-list-of-potential-colonies

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13471-suggestion-planet-overview-like-moo2-had

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13642-suggestion-extensive-list-of-surveyed-planets

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13794-ui-explored-systems-view

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13882-ignore-if-already-requested-need-to-be-able-to-list-all-known-uncolonized-planets

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13887-planets-explored-screen

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13894-planet-screen

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13901-list-of-colonizable-planets

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13904-colonizable-planet-list

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13950-uncolonized-planet-list

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13969-screen-of-colonisable-systems

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:46:31 PM
gunnergoz wrote:
As a reference of what can be done, the 4X game Distant Worlds has such a menu and widow that are very useful.

Hell, Master of Orion II had it, and we all love MOO2.

"Yes please" to a sortable planets list. Even better if it has "dispatch colony ship" and "in-system colonize" buttons. (Or perhaps a more general "dispatch fleet" button that prompts you which fleet you want to dispatch?)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:52:36 PM
I agree. I find it tedious to have to dive into every planet to check and see if their moon has been scouted yet, if I have improved their flaws, etc.

A planet listing with all that would be awesome.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 5:47:17 AM
Absolutely. This would be tremendously useful. And it needs to be sortable - for instance, if I want to find the most habitable planet with the highest potential population, or similar?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment