Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Recommended starting faction for new players

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 1:47:45 AM
In short i think the Pilgrims would be the best choice for the game to recommend, myself & others have tended to run into problems when we started playing with some of the game mechanics. I have a grasp of most of it now & feel safe playing other factions. With the Pilgrims tho, i found it alot easier to jump right in to the game & pretty much get things moving along at a good rate.

Am i wrong in thinking like this or what dose the forum think ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 10:29:53 AM
The Amoeba is a really good choice for newer players, great trade and vision of the entire map giving you the best chance to get all the best systems before your opponents, and with strong trading (Because you can see every enemy system) you can get massive amounts of science and dust.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 10:47:44 AM
Ameoba or Sophons.

Ameoba for map vision, as it makes getting the first colony so much easier.

Sophons for cheap colony ships (masters of illusion) and a wonderful science bonus.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 11:29:05 PM
Sophons.

Easier to keep up with science as a new player and it makes them experience the game in a 'normal' manner, rather than in a way unique to only that race.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:18:16 AM
Aye, I started with Sophons first time around.

Though I think there's some credit to suggesting Amoeba as well, they take out quite a few variables for starting players.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:22:31 AM
Thank you all, i would of never thought those races. Mainly due to the fact they don't appeal to me. I'll be sure to give them ago. Still alot to learn by myself sadly ><
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 6:49:17 AM
LocoMike wrote:
Thank you all, i would of never thought those races. Mainly due to the fact they don't appeal to me. I'll be sure to give them ago. Still alot to learn by myself sadly ><

Aw, really? I find the Sophons positively adorable!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 1:03:30 PM
For starters i would say Amoeba and maybe UE. I dont like Sophons too squishy smiley: twisted
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment