After some deep gaming rounds i found some aspects that might be worth to review from the Dev's. Some of the ideas i got by reading inside the Game Design forum, probably they are allready outlined in a deeper variation.

Event exploit

One of the earlier events is requesting 1000 gold for a given
revenue. Playing together with a friend brought the interesting notice, that you get the revenue no matter how much gold you own. I only had ~150 gold, my friend payed the whole 1000 gold for it. We both got all the revenue out of the event. So i'd call this a exploit and i try to minimize my gold level till the event fires.

AI on different level

It would be a quite good idea to select AI empires on different play level. This way you could step up your gameplay on simple levels. Currently you could choose all AI easy or all AI normal...so on the on hand the player is overpowered on the other side the AI seems to be very challenging. It would be easier to advance ones gameplay by simple steps with having a mixed variant of high, normal and easy AI opponents.

Flags instead of leader pictures

I'd vote to get some inspiring flags to choose for the empire instead of the leader pictures. You could still hold the leader pictures for the pre-designed races, but it would be much more interesting to choose a flag for your self designed empire.

System on strike -> Rebellion

Besides, this flag feature could advance a system on strike into a new split faction, should the owner not care about the peoples mood. If they get into a minor faction or they found a new full faction...is just limited by the Dev's idea about. The new faction just get's one of the free flags, so it's easy recognised as a seperated empire.

This could advance the diplomatic system, so neighbours could force and support rebellion without having to declare war. If the split level is reached, there could be a event, where the system on rebellion chooses to seperate, to allign to the neighbour faction or to stay within the old empire but loosing people.