Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Windowed fullscreen mode

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 7:44:32 PM
I am another multiple monitor user that would love to see a revamp of windowed mode. While borderless windowed mode that most people want would be wonderful, I personally think that just being able to adjust your windowed resolution would be the far better solution. Having windows locked at specific resolutions does not work, as monitor space is utilized by things such as the windows own borders, and the taskbar. The ability to free adjust, and maximize a window in a 4x game is a particularly useful feature as the games tend to run for great lengths of time, and users want to be able to get the most out of their play area while simultaneously being able to keep up with other tasks. All in all it makes for a better overall experience when playing windowed mode. (No reason we couldn't, and shouldn't see both borderless windowed and unlocked windowed mode)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 1:30:50 PM
Might be worth having a small sticky for that. really pleased to now be able to play full screen without having to minimise it to use other programs. Thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 5:11:08 PM
kmo_9000 wrote:
So I looked over the patch notes. Saw the game is on sale right now but it's pretty disappointing that this feature has not been implemented yet. It's a pretty basic feature in games these days really.

I replied to this suggestion here:

Steph'nie wrote:
As mentioned above, there is already a fullscreen windowed mode. There is also a command for Steam: -popupwindow which will create a pop up window without a frame (here you have your fullscreen borderless windowed mode!).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 5:08:33 PM
So I looked over the patch notes. Saw the game is on sale right now but it's pretty disappointing that this feature has not been implemented yet. It's a pretty basic feature in games these days really.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 7, 2012, 7:49:59 AM
For Windows users, you can use the Steam launch options (right-click on "Endless Space" in the Steam library, "Properties", "Set Launch Options...") to create a pop-up window (without a frame): EndlessSpace.exe -popupwindow
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 7, 2012, 8:30:38 PM
I would also love to have this, my GF and me have just acquired dual-monitor setups yesterday, and Windowed Fullscreen is quickly becoming the most important thing in a game. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 5:04:49 PM
In a dual monitor setup "fake fullscreen" or "windowed fullscreen" is really nice and it is really really needed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 27, 2012, 7:47:03 AM
I'm pretty much expecting this to come out in the near future.

Borderless Fullscreen is almost a standard these days.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 26, 2012, 8:51:17 PM
I made my own thread a while back about this. This should be standard in all games these days. Really hope they include this in a patch.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 6:12:43 PM
Just wanted to make a quick note to the dev team that a windowed fullscreen option would great for those of us with more than one monitor. If there is a better avenue to submit such feedback I would appreciate a nod in the proper direction. If not, I hope this reaches someones ears. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 10:25:30 PM
A feature I'd love to see. The current windowed mode is horrific on dual monitors, and I've found that alt-tabbing back and forth between fullscreen game and other items doesn't always return the focus completely back to the game properly (an issue with windows more than the game I suspect).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 10:05:32 AM
I wish to add my weight to this suggestion - it really should be a standard feature on all games these days; if you look at any indie project, any kick starter you will always see this as a request.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 18, 2012, 4:31:33 PM
Giving this a bump as it doesn't seem to be mentioned as a feature devs are gonna implement. All games should be able to run in a borderless fullscreen window! It makes a massive difference if you have multiple displays.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 4:31:28 PM
This thread is the origin of discussions about window mode playing.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13619-suggestion-windowed-mode

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13515-suggestion-playing-while-windowed

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 12:05:34 AM
Made a comment about the same thing to many threads to read them all. I but I would love windowed fullscreen
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 7:47:44 PM
Yes. I use dual monitors and was quite annoyed by the fact there was no borderless fullscreen window mode for us to choose. This would be a small quality of life change.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment