Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Orbital Bombardment Phase

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 10:50:27 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I am personally waiting for my FTL asteroids so I can depopulate entire worlds (And possibly un-terraform them) with a single weapon, but without it being as silly as outright destroying the world.

That sounds ace smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 5:01:24 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well you technically do use orbital bombardment during invasions, but not to the extend of glassing a world from orbit, more like air support for the boys/girls/intergalactic squid on the ground.

I am personally waiting for my FTL asteroids so I can depopulate entire worlds (And possibly un-terraform them) with a single weapon, but without it being as silly as outright destroying the world.

Super Death Star of Ultiamte terraforming lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 3:04:13 PM
This is basicly the same aproach as ground combat, the game really neads something along these lines to make inavsions at least a little fun. So far its just waiting for counter attacks from fleets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 10:45:14 AM
Sowers could do that in their terraforming campaign. After all their goal is to change planets and have them ready for their masters 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 9:07:04 PM
Biological / Chemical warfare wouldnt require re-terraforming, but Im ok with having to terraform. It give me the option of how to deal with occupied planets. Now, give me a CIV that MUST obliterate the local popluation as a racial penalty!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 4:33:11 PM
I was thinking with multiable bombardments on the same world would un-terraform them.

Like after 3-4 strikes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 3:44:21 PM
If we 'obliterated' planets they would need to revert to barren with a wait time for dust, debris, etc. to settle first, before settling and terraforming could occur.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 3:40:26 PM
It would be a nice feature, but I think there are some bigger priorities in the game. I would love to see the ability to obliterate the inhabitants of a system so I can put down my own colonies from scratch.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:22:56 PM
Any plans to add Orbital Bombardment in the future? Personally I love the combat in this game and I would love to see an Orbital Bombardment Phase smiley: smile It's probably already been said and beat to death but as someone new to the series this is one thing I would love to see in an expansion. Again thanks for the great game, the Masters of Orion are very pleased.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 10:36:18 PM
Malicar wrote:
The one thing I love about MOO and Sins is just watching the bombs drop and the explosions smiley: smile Reminds me of B5 when the Centauri used Mass Drivers on the Narn homeworld. However looking at Endless I think they would do a better job and the planet art is so nice. Not to mention the battle cameras that would showcase it all. Some nice high yeild nukes and fusion bombs filling my woofer with bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GImJdrCSOFA

Haha that was exactly what i had in mind smiley: cool too bad they dont make series like this anymore
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 9:13:05 PM
Ground combat would be pretty fun imo. Have it almost like Master of Orion where you train soldiers, put them on your ship, go to the planet, then deploy them to decrease the lower number of turns that it will take to take over the planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 8:50:16 PM
I loved that scene!

As for ground combat, to see it yes (In the art style preferably of the intros) to actually play it no (This game is about space, not land).

But of course as an extension to how it currently works, then also yes.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 8:11:58 PM
The one thing I love about MOO and Sins is just watching the bombs drop and the explosions smiley: smile Reminds me of B5 when the Centauri used Mass Drivers on the Narn homeworld. However looking at Endless I think they would do a better job and the planet art is so nice. Not to mention the battle cameras that would showcase it all. Some nice high yeild nukes and fusion bombs filling my woofer with bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GImJdrCSOFA
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 8:02:12 PM
Yeah orbital bombardment phase would be nice. You could choose to eliminate the whole system or just soften up the defences. With some techs more tactics could be unlocked during bombardment like throwing a meteor on the planets causing mass damage both to population and buildings or just storm it to capture it fast. That also imply that we want orbital defences and ground combat smiley: twisted
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 7:49:18 PM
I very much liked being able to choose to soften the defenses up before invading. Of course there is always a risk civilians and infostructure will be destroyed. On the other hand sometimes I just want to wipe a colony clean and start new without enslaving their entire population. This is what made MOO2 so good. You could build ground units and defense and planetary shields. Now to see all that in Endless Space combat phase would just be awsome especially with these planets. I really like combat in this game call me crazy smiley: smile I like how it's presented and how the different phases work with the battle cards and your tech influence. I can only imagine Orbital Bombardment Phase and picking my strategy and how good it would look hah. It would also make the strategy deeper especially with fleet logistics.

Just wish I could hide the UI when I'm watching the action. *wink*
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:26:47 PM
Well you technically do use orbital bombardment during invasions, but not to the extend of glassing a world from orbit, more like air support for the boys/girls/intergalactic squid on the ground.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment