logo amplifiers simplified

non-graphical manual battle mode

Yay!!
Nay!!
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 10:58:46 PM
So in another thread some had the idea of this, I think it deserves its own thread.

basically how it will work is if you pick it you just been shown a screen where you can see the fleets health/stats on a bar like the one in the current system but there will be no cinematic and you can pick the 3 cards and it tell you what happens.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 11:30:13 PM
why one want only text based battle mode?

avoid loadingscreen?

more ms exel style elements?

i think developers should her time better spend in (improve) 3d battle mode.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 12:39:06 AM
neare wrote:
why one want only text based battle mode?

avoid loadingscreen?

Not every battle is tactically interesting. Sometimes you just want to get it quickly over with rather than spending 5 minutes on it. But you can't always trust "auto" to take care of it the way you want.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 5:04:32 PM
eleazzaar wrote:
Not every battle is tactically interesting. Sometimes you just want to get it quickly over with rather than spending 5 minutes on it. But you can't always trust "auto" to take care of it the way you want.

that not the point what the mode is to allow YOU to control the fight without needing to view the cinematic or let the AI do it, I also think this would help out in MP, due to both players can be in control without needing to waste time.

also its not text as as such you will see the health bars like you do normally and can mouse over them for their stats/equip and chose the 3 cards for the battle
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 12:08:46 AM
eleazzaar wrote:

you right. so far I haven't thought of it..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 3:38:57 AM
I like this idea a lot, but I think the main reason for this is because no one wants to have to enter into a battle just to play the retreat card. I think a better alternative to an entirely new system/mode would be the simple option of setting up macros (similar to FFXII, but it wouldn't even need to be that complicated) for each individual ship class. If I send colonizers or scouts out, I don't ever want them to engage the enemy when confronted; on the off chance I do, I'll hit "Manual". Being able to set one default action/set of actions for specific fleets/ship classes would save so much time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 10, 2012, 8:37:27 PM
I have my both hands for this mode, usually I just want hero to use his strong ability and automatic would save lots of time and eliminate routine. The chosen battles that you want to directly see would be more impressive in that case.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 11, 2012, 2:39:26 PM
eleazzaar wrote:
Am i reading it wrong?

It looks like this general idea won a G2G vote quite a while ago.

http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Games2gether/(match)/7

Yup, that's the one. It has been voted a little while ago and marked as "tracked" on the forums in this thread. It's on our Improve List and I'm not allowed to comment more on this and I'll just place my "Teasing" card. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 4:27:50 AM
Steph'nie wrote:
Yup, that's the one. It has been voted a little while ago and marked as "tracked" on the forums in this thread. It's on our Improve List and I'm not allowed to comment more on this and I'll just place my "Teasing" card. smiley: smile

that is so much better than the 'headache' card.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 6:23:31 AM
Mr.Spartan126 wrote:
I can see how this would be useful for people with old or slow computers

Old or slow computers? my 2007-8 ish w/ new(er)motherboard, and videocard can run this at the highest settings, by modern standards this will run on almost anything.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment