Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Toggle to disable community content text

use this option.
not use this option, but would like it available for those who want it.
hate if this option was included.
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 3:55:13 PM
I find a lot of the community made content for games to be poorly written and poorly edited, filled with annoying in-jokes and irrelevant pop-culture references. For most games you can just not install any fanfic content, but the G2G system means a lot of the absolutely horrible stuff is bundled with the game itself. It would be nice if fan-content contained a meta-tag labelling it as such, and a toggle in the game settings would allow you to disable it entirely or at least have the text replaced with a bundled generic description. I would find playing with a hero named "Amoeba Corporate Administrator Hero" infinitely less annoying than Galdos AI appearing on my list.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 3:59:20 PM
I don't understand your suggestion, can you explain a little more? ES has "mods", which you have to download and install. Nothing is bundled with it. If you download and install a mod which has poorly written content, then you can uninstall it or just not use it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 26, 2012, 4:22:51 PM
It is my understanding that a reasonable quantity of the flavour text in the game is community derived, such as the goddamned awful Galdos AI hero. A disproportionately large quantity of community derived content is awful, such as the goddamned awful Galdos AI hero. I would like to be able to turn off the terrible content, such as the goddamned awful Galdos AI hero.

If I seem to be focussing on one in particular it's because it's the most glaring example of how horrible community content can get, but it's far from the only piece of cringeworthy community-derived writing that pops up every so often.

e: Yes I know I can edit many of the files directly, but given that the same could be said for the people getting their awful content into the game, why not have a similarly concrete method for disabling it for those who don't want it?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment