Population eraise
Empty planets with negative anomalies
Planets broken into asteriods
Whole system is deleted
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 12:25:09 PM
Population erase: 20%-100% destruction of population. That is what usually happens after orbital bombardment.

Empty planets with negative anomalies: If you erased the system from population, you should give some effort to restore it.

Planets broken into asteroids: Possible with the possibility to assemble them back into planet.

Whole system is deleted: The star of the system is exploded and routes are recalculated.

The feature of system erase would possibly be implemented in the game.

Therefore, it's time to ask - how do you see this feature implemented, with concern to realism and game balance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 5:01:41 PM
Possibly negative anomaly or temporary anomaly's, but for a basic type of (Cold war reminiscent) WMDs I don't think they should do massive amounts of damage.

But a higher level weapon could cause M.A.D. of planets (Because destroying systems would screw with the space lanes).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 8:21:55 PM
I would maybe have to create another poll with "orbital bombardment" keyword. But, still, we can use this topic to discuss variants and gather information for the next poll.

First of all, it shall be multiple variants choice. Secondly, it will include a good idea of increasing damage after several bombardments.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 13, 2012, 7:08:05 AM
I would personally like to erase population on systems to come with my own colonists and avoid problem with initial system disagreement.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 21, 2012, 12:29:41 PM
I chose "Whole system is deleted", since EXTERMINATUS is a powerful thing, and it should be used only in critical situations. If it only erased population, usage of exterminatus would become boring and too routine .
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 23, 2012, 11:30:49 PM
I'd go for population elimination, plus a severe negative effect accompanying so you're not using it left and right.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 27, 2012, 3:49:19 PM
This option would be very handy in situations where the bulk of your empire is unhappy and the last thing you want to do is add even more disapproval by taking a high-population system.

If you are behind, struggling, or new to the game this wouldn't be a bad option to have.

Also an additional option (with maybe a racial feature) is to wipe out 70% of them and use the others as slaves (and although they take population, they simply give a massive boost to food and production but nothing to dust and science. In addition they would not contribute anything to the system's approval rating).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment