Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Moify SOWER affinity to better mesh with lore

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 6:26:41 PM
So according to lore the sowers transform dead worlds into paradises for the endless. The problem is, that since they themselves don't use food, but industry for sustenance, a desert or arid or arctic world is still better for them than a jungle/terran/ocean.

My suggestion is to add to the SOWER affinity a +1smiley: industry/smiley: stickouttongueopulation: bonus on jungle worlds, +1smiley: dust/smiley: stickouttongueopulation: on terran worlds and +1smiley: science/smiley: stickouttongueopulation: on ocean worlds. This would make terraforming everything worthwile and make a sower player leave all class I planets in their wake, bringing things much closer to lore.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 6:43:58 PM
Would give the sowers a nice end game bonus, as well as a good incentive to research terraforming techs.

But this would also give them a very large early game boost should they colonize this worlds, and I am not sure if thats good or bad.

Could be good.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 8:06:27 PM
I think that, if we are modifying racial planet natures, then it should be the happiness base to be modified, not the actual stats. but i dont know how to do that in a balanced way...

Plus I think the sowers get an industry thing that makes non industry planets much more industrial, I think it's like 4smiley: industry persmiley: stickouttongueopulation: on arctic, and scales down from there to 1smiley: industry persmiley: stickouttongueopulation: on arid, or something like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 8:22:55 PM
But this would also give them a very large early game boost should they colonize this worlds, and I am not sure if thats good or bad.

I think it wouldn't be that problematic, since the player rarely comes across such worlds early games, and even then It takes quite some time to populate them properly.

I think that, if we are modifying racial planet natures, then it should be the happiness base to be modified, not the actual stats. but i dont know how to do that in a balanced way...

I thought that, next to the bonuses for class I worlds, maybe they would get a -5 smiley: approval to all other planet types. This would balance the extras they get, and also mesh well with lore, since the sowers would always want to create paradise worlds and would be discontent living on anything else.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment