Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Add a "stack" special construct button and warning for Automatons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 1, 2013, 7:36:16 PM
The pilgrims have one. It would be easier to play automatons if you can click a "stack industry" button so it gives you a warning when you reached the max interest for a planet.

I really feel this would make life much easier, so I wouldnt have to track how much industry each planet originally has before starting to stack, how much stacked industry it can reach, calculate it by hand, and check it manually planet by planet when the time I calculated is coming.

Just a "X planet has reached its maximum industry stack" warning would be great. Thanks
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 2, 2013, 1:07:04 AM
I'm against all and any additional notifications.

Further to that, I don't see your point. Are you talking about the total stacked industry? For which there are two separate identifiers, one at the bottom of the Build menu dialogue and one visible from the galaxy map as a bar on the systems tag.

Or the amount that a system with a full stack increases over time, which is minuscule and is wiped upon building anything in that system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 2, 2013, 1:24:12 AM
Waylander1982 wrote:
I'm against all and any additional notifications.

Is it Because good UI sucks?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 2, 2013, 1:32:04 AM
1alexey wrote:
Is it Because good UI sucks?

He sounds bitter, doesn´t he?

I see no problem with adding a little button to the menu of things one can craft called "stack warning" or so. Pilgrims have the button to make their big evacuation ship, right?

Just a button that will automatically start stacking, then send you a little message when you reached the max stacks for a planet. It´s already complicated playing in the smallest map. I write down (in paper) the system names in a downwards list, then add a line next to its name for each turn its been stacking.

Is that really the ideal way to keep track? because if one plays in a small galaxy and it´s already a hassle, what about in a huge one? are we really meant to manually kept track of every single system every single turn? The default timer for end of turn is 30 seconds, isin´t it? that´s usually juuuuuuust enough for giving fleet orders, designing ships, giving build orders, etc. You also expect to check one by one the stacked industry of every single system in a empire of 30+ systems?

Hell, it´s already annoying when it´s 8

And that "I´m against any and all additional notifications" phrase is just so brutal I can EASILY hear it coming from an inquisitor´s mouth when he´s told the earth is round back in the middle ages. "I´m against any and all changes". Hell, what does he even enter this forum for, then? just to go around into every thread saying "I dont want any changes! ;_; " to bump his post count?

My God
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 2, 2013, 3:44:02 AM
Stacking happens automatically when there isn't anything being produced in a system.

Total stacked industry is tracked on a system by system basis in the star system view just under the Build menu dialogue, tracked on the galaxy map with a bar under each systems name which turns green when it is fully stacked or in the empire view by a bar under the total Industry production for each system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 12:44:05 AM
And your point is? sure you can keep track just visually, if you have like, 2-4 systems. It doesn´t quite works when you have 9, and it does NOT work at all when you have 20+

Or you think they are perfect as they are and play them a lot in online matches? I somehow doubt it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 1:11:32 AM
I almost exclusively play MP, with the Automatons.

You can easily keep track of at least 13 systems visually using the Empire Overview screen, as I noted in my post. A little bit of scrolling can accommodate a few dozen more.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment