Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

I think the Automatons deserve their own unique skin

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 2:21:15 AM
Playing the automatons with the craver's skin doesn't feel right because the two races are vastly different. I think it'd be rad if the autos got their own skin, maybe something closer to how the sowers look
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 2:27:58 AM
Couldn't agree more. That said if you're in dire need of a switch up, just copy the traits and the affinity and then use a different art set.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 2:45:14 AM
Would be nice, but it is a fan race and we all knew that during the competition the chosen faction wouldn't be getting a skin.

I'll put it under the 'for a future expansion'.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 1:34:38 PM
No love for the Craver ships here smiley: sadblue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 1:35:51 PM
they're okay, i personally love the sower ships the most they're so awesome. but yeah, automaton models have been in the works for ages and will probally rear around soon
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 3, 2013, 10:57:03 PM
I think the cravers ship look gorgeous for the cravers. they're just so...evil looking
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 4:24:01 PM
meeeeeller wrote:
Playing the automatons with the craver's skin doesn't feel right because the two races are vastly different. I think it'd be rad if the autos got their own skin, maybe something closer to how the sowers look

This was discussed a while ago:

Panzer wrote:
Hey Guys, I am glad you are interested in the Automatons receiving the full faction treatment, but it wont happen.

I asked the devs why they wouldn't do custom ship models for the Automatons and the really simply answer is that with all the other features that need to be implemented and fixed, it would take them too long to conceptualize, draw, model, texture, and implement the ships. It was simply not realistic cost and time wise for the Automatons to get their own ship set unfortunately.

Here's hoping to moders that add custom ships for them ^__^ but in the mean time enjoy the faction everyone!

As Panzer explained, it was a Faction creation competition (Panzer won that competition). It was supposed to be a simple custom faction, but in the end, we decided to make their own affinity, portrait, hologram and illustration.

Please refer to the original thread if you want to discuss this subject. smiley: smile
0Send private message
Comment