Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Allied Fleet Support

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 30, 2012, 12:21:08 AM
So I've put a good 250 hours into the game and the options in which allies support each other was poor to average at best. There are no perks, outside of trade for dust or tech or etc..., to being allied with someone. Rarely does an ally help you and when they do its almost pretty much useless as they endlessly kamikaze or feed your enemies fleets exp.... I find the overall allied support mechanism sorely lacking and I had noticed someone posting such mechanisms as requesting an ally to come and help a system that is being blockaded/invaded but if you already have a fleet in the area and simply need some support I think it would be better if the allies could support each others' fleets. And if this has already been suggested sorry for the steal but thought the topic needed more attention as I've done some searching and could not find the thread.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 31, 2012, 8:19:10 PM
What exactly what do you mean about supporting fleets?

If you mean making multiple fleets participate in the same battle, even in a reinforcing way, this has been discussed at length and I think the conclusion is along the lines of "stop talking about remaking the battle system".

However if you are saying something along the lines of fusing 2 separate players fleets together, while that might be a nice sounding idea, it just wouldn't work, like at all. Though on that train of thought, how about selling or donating ships?

And what exactly do you mean with "allied support mechanism"?

Also the first part of your post seemed more like a complaint about the game AI, which is honestly crap at being an ally, because that requires human interaction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 4:40:53 PM
I assume he might mean having allied fleets help each other in battle. I found this topic as I was actually looking for that very idea myself, to see if it had been proposed.

While talking of re-doing the combat system may be tedious, and I don't think the combat system should be entirely re-done; It did occur to me today that allies have no ability to help you in a single actual fight. Having a 2 on 1 battle would be stellar.

However, there could of course also be lag issues that prevent this from being feasible. In which case, several people have proposed allowing additional fleets from your own faction to give your primary fleet a combat 'bonus' of some sort. Allied fleets might do this as well and that would at least be better than nothing.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment