Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Less Clicking + More Customization

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:25:02 PM
Hello, after a long break I've played a few ES games, I love the changes brought by the 2nd and 3nd patches.

I have ideas of further improvement though.

1) Less Clicking

• Fleet templates for construction. Example: I want to build a fleet that is made of 2 Battleships, 4 Destroyers and 1 Dreadnought. It would be great if a player could define a building template, so I can build all 7 ships with one click, queuing multiple fleets at once if I wish (the RTS game Earth 2160 had a feature like this).
  • Modifiable research queue . Example: I have queued 15 different research goals, but I changed my mind. I would like to modify the queue in order to put the desired research in a different place in queue.
  • An expandable window with possible system improvements. Example: in late game if you happen to colonize a fresh system or capture a totally undeveloped one, you will want to build Atmospheric Engineering, Non-bayronic Shells and so on really fast. Now you have to scroll down, click, then the list returns to the top. Scroll down again, click again, scroll down again. If the window could be expanded to house all the improvements at once, the problem would disappear.

2) More Customization

• Separate the Ship Visuals from the Faction Visuals (Portrait + Diplomacy avatar). I'd like to use the Craver ships in my custom race but I dislike being ugly in diplomacy.
  • Custom colors for Ships. I don't know if it's doable, but it would be sweet if the player could choose colors in addition to the Ship Visuals (Homeworld II had that feature, where the colors you chosen as your flag were the colors of your ships. Here it would be separated). For example: I choose the Sophon Ship Visuals, but they don't fit my custom race's warmongering ways. So I choose color Black as Primary (so the ships are Black) and Red as Secondary (so the exhaust jets and the small blobs on the ships are Red) and I have my very own Shivans from Freespace 2 in Endless Space.
  • Ability to play against your custom races in single player. The way the AI handles them would be tied to their affinity.

What do you think? smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 8:26:23 PM
Can't argue against any of these. I don't think they're crucial, but some of them would be quite nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 12, 2013, 12:49:12 AM
I think the expandable improvements window and the possibility to play against your own custom races in single player would be nice additions! Don`t think the ship customization would be possible tho
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment