Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Splitting Ship Hull & Ship Role

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 15, 2013, 7:55:14 PM
I would like to see ship hulls and ship roles be split.

To clarify about roles: Each role should give a discount on specific ship modules.

1) Tech trees should include larger hulls and different ship roles (scout, offense, defense, support,...) with roles later in the tree having more and/or higher module discounts (maybe an Ultimo Role with discount on all modules, but maybe better not...)

2) In ship design, I should be able to pick hull & role separately, so I can design an Attack-Cruiser, a Support-Cruiser, etc.

And that's it.

Keep up the great work!

Comments?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 16, 2013, 12:07:38 AM
2: You can do that already, don't let the normal bonuses change your mind.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 16, 2013, 5:06:23 AM
Agreed with what igncom1 said. Like your idea though. Could be awesome.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 16, 2013, 5:15:24 AM
Additional hulls in the other trees would be cool, like giant trading ships that generate dust when in allied systems, pirate ships that take dust from enemy systems, science ships that make well, science when in unclaimed systems and when at a galactic wounder, science academy ships that make science from allied systems and hacker ships that take science from enemy systems.

Hell you could even have recyclers ships that produce stacked industry to drop off when in a fleet that kills enemy ships.

Could really diversify the ship list, and give reasons to actually have allies. And would look cool having these large nomad fleets, suits the pilgrims.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 18, 2013, 11:12:48 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
Additional hulls in the other trees would be cool, like giant trading ships that generate dust when in allied systems, pirate ships that take dust from enemy systems, science ships that make well, science when in unclaimed systems and when at a galactic wounder, science academy ships that make science from allied systems and hacker ships that take science from enemy systems.

Hell you could even have recyclers ships that produce stacked industry to drop off when in a fleet that kills enemy ships.

Could really diversify the ship list, and give reasons to actually have allies. And would look cool having these large nomad fleets, suits the pilgrims.

smiley: approval endless space seams to have endless of good suggestions, I like the idea of expanding the tech trees to not only increase percentage but to actually do something els!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment