Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Automatic industry to dust or science usage.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 11:44:21 AM
Small UI optimization suggestion: right now it's really anoying to cancel industry to X conversion and then enable it again. For all the races except automatons it doesn't make sense not to convert unlesss you are building something.

I suggest adding a system "mode" instead, so the system does one of the following:

• convert industry to dust
  • convert industry to science
  • nothing (left for automaton industry stacking)

whenever it has nothing to build. This way you can just select the mode once and but priority will always be given to construction.

Alternatively make conversion always stay at the bottom of the build queue.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 4:31:58 PM
I have to agree, too many times have I mashed the 'next turn' button only to then realize that around half the empire is sitting on their hands.

Lazy slaves I tell ya, just lazy.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 21, 2013, 11:29:19 PM
I dont think this would really be a problem but there are factors that ruin this particular function. What i mean is - when you are waging wars against someone (the AI in particular) they tend to send scouts your way for who knows what reason... those scouts, when they hover over your system and move on, cancel the queued ships/upgrades that are built there (due to the blockade and lack of a certain resource) and move the "convert industry to X" to the top while all the queued items are left at the bottom of the list and never get a go at getting built. Ive wasted countless turns of build time when i havent noticed this issue and its mighty annoying...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 22, 2013, 6:50:43 PM
Actually prioritizing queue items in a way that construction > conversion > blocked construction will solve this issue as well.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment