Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

System View - Individual Planet Populations

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 22, 2013, 3:19:55 AM
Here's another minor tweak to give you more info at a glance. This could as easily be centered above each planet or where I've put it in this mock-up.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 22, 2013, 2:50:27 PM
I dunno, I kinda like the visual representation over displaying raw data to me.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 5:47:23 AM
I think I'd kinda' like both (make it a togglable setting?).

I often find myself counting if it's something like 6 or 7 out of 8 or more.

I'd be able to make a quicker decision about, say, changing an Exploitation or building a particular System Improvement.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 6:21:58 AM
I will say that this is a turn based strategy, doing things quickly shouldn't really factor into it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 5:50:18 PM
@Quodula That would help too.

@Igncom1 As the game progresses and I have more systems to manage (I don't use AI management) a turn can take me 20-30 minutes sometimes, ANYTHING to help speed that up would be helpful to me. I can't even IMAGINE trying to play this game with other people. :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 5:56:39 PM
Most turn based 4X games aren't played with people.

And usually what detail do you really need on the subject?

If there is lots of white icons, build food improvements, if there are lots of blue icons then don't.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 6:51:59 PM
Then you sir are a real loner smiley: frown

The whole reason why I buy 4X is to play online with friends

Thing is, even though you know you can go slow people still try to rush their turns, even when playing vs AI, because time is valuable to people and you simply don't want to spend forever on something when you can do something more efficiently a different way. A togglable option for this would be great since it could save minutes every turn, allowing you to experience the rest of the game more.

I LOVE the segments idea btw smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 10:51:26 AM
Fair do's.

4X for me is a single player game, so I guess this isn't a concern.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 2:21:31 PM
For me it's a single-player game too but I'd get to play MORE if I didn't have to waste time with minor UI flaws. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game, I just want to help make it better! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 3:22:57 PM
to the OP:

I agree its easier to see with the UI change you suggest. Did you also see the population indicator bar and #s that are directly to the right of the System Name?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 25, 2013, 2:46:31 AM
eqronis wrote:
Did you also see the population indicator bar and #s that are directly to the right of the System Name?

You mean up at the top right above the Approval Bar? That's for the whole system and while that's great for deciding on System Improvements my suggestion is aimed at the Planetary Level which is nice for tweaking Planetary Exploitations. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment