Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hero Traits combination restriction

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 12:56:16 AM
Make it so that the starting pool of heroes must have a fleet trait (adventurer, pilot, or commander) AND a empire-building trait (admin, corporate). The heroes that come after the initial delay would pick from the entire pool we have now (could be admin-corporate, pilot-commander, or whatever).

This helps ensure a more equal start for everyone, since having a admin-corporate from the start, or even a pilot-commander is extremely powerful. Also your first/second hero tends to be the highest level, having heroes that can utilize both traits in fleets or in a system is too much at later levels.

Most heroes don't have 2 fleet traits or 2 empire-building traits so we'd still start with roughly the same pool, only a few would be moved into the "post-delay" pool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 9:41:23 AM
The idea is good since heroes are that important in the early game

I would also like if there is every trait in the starting pool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 2:23:21 PM
The idea is good since heroes are that important in the early game

I would also like if there is every trait in the starting pool.

If the admin is nerfed and corporate buffed (sth similar to Ail's rebalance mod) a bit then I think it's fine without that restriction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 6:41:21 PM
It seems to me that, early in the game, Admin heroes are the most valuable due to their ability to greatly increase the food and production of an outpost.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 8:07:39 PM
Pretty good idea, but I think that for now, Ail's mod is the best way to deal with this issue.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment