Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom/Multiple Ship options.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 1:26:38 AM
I think it would be pretty nice to have multiple 'base' hull selections per each ship class and/or to have the ship exterior change depending on the average load out of modules. Additionally, I think we should be able to have paint scheme options.

Ever since Star Control and StarFlight way back when, in the infancy of PC games, I've always hungered for a game in which I could, for all intents and purposes, build my own (more likely piece together) custom ship classes. Form and Function would be directly related. From digging around on the internetz there is no direct 3D game in which one can do this. The closest thing would be the Star Trek: Starship Creator series. Unfortunately it lacked the bigger picture that 4X games offer. Masters of Orion 2 offered a great number of things to this effect and allowed a player to build his own personal fleets. Endless space has done a great job building off of that success and I think Endless Space is the perfect candidate in which to take it to the next level.

Melding Eye-candy, customization, Function, and Balance.

What do you all think?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 12:30:21 PM
Well, remember what MoO had to offer in comparisoment to MoO2. Waitin' for ES2...

Anyway joking aside I would like it, even if dev's have put it under U category in the community suggestions thread.

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/13098-community-suggestions-amplitude-is-following , see under "Mods / Techs".

Especially the lack of being able to set a general colour scheme is a bit of a nuisance and I'd settle for that alone. =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 10:56:38 AM
[QUOTEusername=TK-421;124402I'vealwayshungeredforagameinwhichIcould,forallintentsandpurposes,buildmyown(morelikelypiecetogether)customshipclasses.FormandFunctionwouldbedirectlyrelated.Fromdiggingaroundontheinternetzthereisnodirect3Dgameinwhichonecandothis.[/QUOTE]

whilst not the best example Legends of Pegasus did offer this degree of customisation, well when it worked anyway. certainly being able to see the effects of your decisions would be nice even if it only showed up in the ship building screen for the time being.

Another thing whilst slightly off topic would be to add the ability of a fleet formation option as it looks a little weird having all your ships in a line
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment