Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Maybe some voices in the next game?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 6:07:33 PM
I like es very much, so I spent lots of time on it, but sometimes I feel a little lonely, maybe I should stop playing and hang out with some real people, but still, if the game make some more noise, I wouldn't feel the same way~they don't have to be real language, like the starcraft, but at least you feel they are alive. This may sounds unimportant, but I'm it will make the game a lot more friendly than right now. If not possible for next patch, maybe next es? caz i'm sure i will buy it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 6:46:24 PM
Well, some cool quotes when moving the ships or finishing a building - would be nice, yeah smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 6:57:42 PM
yeah and if voice actors are to expensive just do it by yourself ...or only text messages would be cool like in Galactic Civilazations II edit: with an little animation...Galciv2 Players maybe remembers these cool Robots who told us cool storys about the technology we recently researched.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 8:50:32 PM
Sovereign wrote:
yeah and if voice actors are to expensive just to it by yourself ...or only text messages would be cool like in Galactic Civilazations II

Ah, yeah, text messages (new kind of notifications?) could be a nice alternative too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 8:51:49 PM
Would be great. The game needs more life. Voices would do that.

The races especially need it.

For example, every time you interact with them, they say something. Maybe also something that presents what they think about a player's request.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 8:56:05 PM
Lord_S wrote:
Would be great. The game needs more life. Voices would do that.

The races especially need it.

For example, every time you interact with them, they say something. Maybe also something that presents what they think about a player's request.

I almost forgot 'bout the custom made factions - shall the have own voices/text too? Might get complicated.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 9:07:07 PM
[SUB][/SUB]
Tredecim wrote:
I almost forgot 'bout the custom made factions - shall the have own voices/text too? Might get complicated.

I don't think that would be possible.

The custom factions should get the voices/texts etc. of their affinity. It maybe could be choosable. So, there may be custom factions with Hissho affinity but Automaton voices.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 9:24:06 PM
Lord_S wrote:
[SUB][/SUB]

I don't think that would be possible.i

The custom factions should get the voiceqs/texts etc. of their affinity. It maybe could be choosable. So, there may be custom factions with Hissho affinity but Automaton voices.

Well, if we had text, text could be modded - but sounds are the problem there - the workaround with their affinity seems to be OK.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 14, 2013, 10:55:37 PM
voice doesn't have to be speech, it can be some kind of noise, like aomeba, it can make some kind of watery like sound, as long as it expresses the emotion, such as angry, happy, doubt? if pay a people is too expensive, u can just make the voice in your kitchen, your dishwasher might do a good sower?haha
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 12:36:33 AM
They could do it MOO2 style (I didnt play 1 or 3 so I cant comment) but they showed them talking and stuff, but it was text, in the form of subtitles for news broadcasts and just research completion
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 15, 2013, 12:45:01 AM
AH little suggestion btw

Custom Races...why do not show in the Diplomatic Menu the *Storys* we already are able to write in the Creation menü! so if somone is fighting in MP and your waiting that the last one is finally ending his turn you can read the intresting Storys about all these Custom Races outthere in MP.

The Default Races (or AIs) can get the sounds or some messages what they are thinking about you and your race (references maybe if u are for example the strongest in Militarypoints or Science or insult u as a rabbit race when u got the most Population.)

PS: the workaround via affinity to determine the sounds is a great idea dude.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 22, 2013, 9:57:08 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Well, some cool quotes when moving the ships or finishing a building - would be nice, yeah smiley: smile

Good idea. At least you are supposed to be the big leader of an imperium and incoming short status messages would be a nice asset. I must be just configurable. I think the game ambience would be better.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment