Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A balanceable planet destroyer

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 2:41:37 PM
So I've read some discussions about a possible future tech that would enable the destruction of planets.

If I may add my 2 cents, I think actually removing a planet from a system would be too much. What would be nice is to have a planet reduced to asteroids, but it could still be repopulated and maybe eventually even terraformed back to a normal planet. (since gas giant terraforming is coming, asteroid terraforming doesn't sound too far fetched. All you'd have to do is collapse enough rocks to form a large enough rock.)

While we're there, Maybe the destruction could remove -destroy- wonders.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 6:28:57 PM
I have never liked the idea of planet destroying weapons, because no civilisation would actually do it, nor would anyone have the technology for it before they would have no point in doing so.

Colony destroying weapons is what we should be shooting for.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 8:41:14 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
I have never liked the idea of planet destroying weapons, because no civilisation would actually do it, nor would anyone have the technology for it before they would have no point in doing so.

I wouldn't mind having something like this just for fun during end-end game if I were playing a single player game though. I agree that it'd be better to develop a mechanic for destroying colonies first though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 1:22:53 PM
Igncom1 wrote:

I would agree destroying a planet is not something that I would want to use. What if the weapon was to blast a wave of energy that can either turn the planet into a Barren wasteland or into a Lava planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 1:37:57 PM
Anti-terraformers?

I like it, well....as long as they kill the colony as well. 3smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 1:42:26 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Anti-terraformers?

I like it, well....as long as they kill the colony as well. 3smiley: smile

For Sure it will need to be done, the enemy must die!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 1:52:40 PM
For peace!....of course!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 2:01:30 PM
For peace, yes.... of course peace what other point is there to burning a world down to its primary elements, slaughtering and butchering thousands of people but for, in the name of peace.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 10:51:41 AM
"We are going to freed the sh*t out of you" lol

But in general, the idea is nice, but has to be balanced very very carefully!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 4:39:55 PM
I don't like the idea of destroying planets/star systems, because we have no possibility to create them.

And that would be way too powerful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 9:30:36 PM
Shwarthog wrote:
I don't like the idea of destroying planets/star systems, because we have no possibility to create them.

the only race in this game that clearly born for ruin planet is Cravern but they just "eat" thing that have on that planet not the planet itself.

also all other race just want to rebuild, use those planet so yeah destroy the planet kinda dumb but purge the planet sound better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 10:51:12 PM
Shwarthog wrote:

Good point there, maybe 'purge' is an "alternative" to this smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 11:18:33 PM
I would say then that it would have to be coming from a large ship that cannot have combat powers added to it for the soul objective to purge a planet to lower its pop and defends for them long invasions, as a way to take systems over faster? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 11:21:40 PM
That whole thing reminds on something...some big ball...from a movie or series...star...star...Star Trek....ah yes the Xindi Weapon from Star Trek Enterprise (2005).......which Luke Skywalker blown up with the help of Sauron. (haha and u thought i mean star wars didnt you?)

no to be serious imo not every faction should have acess to such a weapon cause it dont fits the lore (automatons with a Death Star wtf?they love the nature so much that they dont want to share it,rather destroy it?) some races should get other stuff...to create...or repair worlds...or only wipe out the Population as posted above....(Sower Bio Weapon or something like that)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 11:29:16 PM
Sovereign wrote:
no to be serious imo not every faction should have acess to such a weapon cause it dont fits the lore (automatons with a Death Star wtf?they love the nature so much that they dont want to share it,rather destroy it?) some races should get other stuff...to create...or repair worlds.

Completely true, the lore will be hard to fit for all factions... it would have to still feel core to their values in one way or another to work!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment