Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Aiding those with red-green color blindness

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 1:17:52 PM
I highly enjoy trying to play Endless Space, but I do have some issues with the game. I have severe red-green color blindness. I still see colors, but not as others see colors. As a result, I have some difficulty in following certain suggestions on how I should play the game.

For instance, I have seen many references to the technologies with the pink in them. Well, I do not always see pink. If you folks could put a symbol, or a number in the different colored items, it would make the game MUCH easier to play.

Thank you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 3, 2013, 2:16:07 PM
emm.... this might be possible, if you change the color code in the localization file~
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 8:15:25 AM
All Icons, racial-colors, text-colors can be changed via modding.

I think it would be nice if such a mod existed. But maybe someone who has the problem himself would be far more motivated to actually do that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 9:07:57 AM
Hmm... there was a thread on how to do this a couple of months ago, but I can't find it... maybe someone else remembers it?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 9:28:06 AM
The_Quasar wrote:
Hmm... there was a thread on how to do this a couple of months ago, but I can't find it... maybe someone else remembers it?

There was one post a few days ago, but I can't find it atm too .__.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 3:14:43 PM
Ail wrote:
All Icons, racial-colors, text-colors can be changed via modding.

I think it would be nice if such a mod existed. But maybe someone who has the problem himself would be far more motivated to actually do that.

While that may be true, I would say its the game devs who should be trying to accomodate the special needs of players. Red/Green color blindness is pretty well understood and there should be an advanced option to tick somewhere to choose a variety of color sets for people who need it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 5:20:18 PM
eqronis wrote:
While that may be true, I would say its the game devs who should be trying to accomodate the special needs of players. Red/Green color blindness is pretty well understood and there should be an advanced option to tick somewhere to choose a variety of color sets for people who need it.

While that would be nice, they already have massive queues of stuff to do before yesterday. Hopefully things like this will be in the finished article, but while there are other things to do, with more folk hassling them, this is likely to have to wait... I hope someone can remember the workround and post it, because I'm sure there are others having similar difficulties that could benefit from it...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 7:29:35 PM
There are other potential fixes to your problem.

1) Change RGB settings. If you have an Nvidia graphics card, you can change your RGB settings to get a better result. All colorblindness varies, so no one setting works for everyone - i.e. experiment with diff settings to see what looks best for you. There are apparently some home-made plugins as well to further tweak settings.

2) Get a monitor with Color Universal Design (CUD). Very pricey, but an option nonetheless. http://www.focusedtechnology.com/nec-pa271w-bk-sv-panel.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=19154206696&utm_content=pla&gclid=CNzIlsXl47UCFahDMgod_lcAbQ
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 7, 2013, 1:59:09 AM
WayfairingStranger wrote:
I highly enjoy trying to play Endless Space, but I do have some issues with the game. I have severe red-green color blindness. I still see colors, but not as others see colors. As a result, I have some difficulty in following certain suggestions on how I should play the game.

For instance, I have seen many references to the technologies with the pink in them. Well, I do not always see pink. If you folks could put a symbol, or a number in the different colored items, it would make the game MUCH easier to play.

Thank you.

As a red/green color blind person, I sympathize and also, what the heck are you talking about as I see no pink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment