Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Replacing Xenotourism by something more fitting...

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 3:50:46 PM
Well, here the reasoning. First i find it silly to have xenotourism as our first money upgrade, especially when it doesn't even require to have met any aliens! Also it doesn't fit some of the races in the game to do such things, i don't see Cravers or Hisshos doing tourism... Gameplay wise, we do need some income upgrade, but i think it would be more fitting to call it a spaceport or something along that line. We are greatly stranded for money early game, we need something to boost income...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 3:57:57 PM
Well xeno=alien and I do believe that many people use the word alien to refer to other cultures.

But it is far more likely that this refers to tourism on alien worlds, like other then your home-world, so really its more like holidaying on Mars for some god forsaken reason.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 4:16:22 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well xeno=alien and I do believe that many people use the word alien to refer to other cultures.

But it is far more likely that this refers to tourism on alien worlds, like other then your home-world, so really its more like holidaying on Mars for some god forsaken reason.

If you read the description, it says :

"In order to properly tap into the exploding market of alien tourists, a special infrastructure must be put into place. Travel between planets is a simple problem; travel between cultures is something else indeed. In order to effectively provide an interesting destination for aliens, enormous work is required in public infrastructures, hotels, restaurants, spaceports, and--most particularly--toilets."

Seem to me they really mean aliens and not your own population going on vacation on other planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 4:19:22 PM
Well I don't see it as a problem, after-all you play as a minor part of your race when you start ES, a mere duke when compared to your species emperor.

And really, you could hold off discovering another race for the entire game if the conditions are right so compensating for it would be silly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 4:54:10 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well I don't see it as a problem, after-all you play as a minor part of your race when you start ES, a mere duke when compared to your species emperor.

And really, you could hold off discovering another race for the entire game if the conditions are right so compensating for it would be silly.

Well, i do prefer when description match the effect of the improvement... But since many improvements have little to do with their description or the tech that unlock it, i guess i'm pretty much wasting time. Maybe they will fix that along the game rebalance they plan on doing...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 5:58:13 PM
Well keep fighting your fight buddy! Even if I don't quite agree!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment